Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Very old Zulus  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Very old Zulus
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 11:42:17 AM »
Ah, ye Gods... I had these Hinchliffe Zulus and Brits back in the day. As well as the NW Frontier - ah the Pathan in a perfectly static pose brandishing a wonky sword. I had 12 of each figure, and some of them were terrible! And to think these days I insist on no duplicates at all amongst my wargames collections lol

I had the Jacklex colonials too - they were really quite dinky.

Those old Hincliffe figures do have a certain naive charm - and of course immense nostalgia value. But it does remind one just how far wargames figures have come in 40 odd years  lol

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 11:47:20 AM »
That’s not trash, that’s wargaming history right there! Fine paint jobs as well. As Capt Blood said, it really shows how far our hobby has come and how spoiled for choice we are.

Online OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 04:39:41 PM »
They still look pretty good to me.  Back in the day the must have been much admired.

Offline Clawed_Greengrass

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 09:21:24 PM »
Thanks for all the comments guys. They last came out of their box around 1988. I recently came across them whilst cleaning out the attic. I dread to think what else i may find up there  lol

Offline GarrisonMiniatures

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 09:49:47 PM »
Sold a few Rose 20mm Zulus... those figures date back to the late 50s early 60s...

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 10:14:40 PM »
I've seen worse. Own a lot worse.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2019, 11:11:08 PM »
I am sure they will fight just as well as any newer recruits.  Better maybe given their +2 Veteran status.

Rather than sell them I would be inclined to add more, the range is still available from Hinds.

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 12:05:32 AM »
I think they look top tier!  :-* Whatever you do, don’t chuck ‘em out.  There are a lot of gamers who’d love to have those figures on their tables.
Hail to the King, baby.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 11:55:52 AM »
My 20mm stuff is mostly ESCI plastics (with conversions for Lancers, frontier light horse, Gatling etc), but also some 20mm Rose metals for Zulus and a few Jacklex figures including the British commander on horseback. The naval brigade are repurposed Airfix confederates.