Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Bofors 40mm with crew (male & female)  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
New Bofors 40mm with crew (male & female)
« on: October 15, 2019, 04:51:01 PM »
►NEW RELEASE - BOFORS ◄
►AND ANNOUNCEMENT! ◄

We are over the moon to present to you our latest release - the 28mm version of the Bofors 40mm AA gun, with some fantastically characterful crew.

Sculpted by the incredible Rob Macfarlane, this piece is truly a work of art and sure to be the centerpiece on many gaming tables.

https://badsquiddogames.com/shop?fbclid=IwAR139IJlwOKKOGqu8Vrs7mSJRg8ochD9ZgYLR-ie8lQvjp7gUa6vngkEUpM#!/British/c/36713219/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc

If you click the link you will see lots more information and pictures. There's even an ATS lady having a cuppa. It comes with male and female options for the firing seats, the former if you want to use it historically and the latter if you want rule of cool or for pulp gaming/Sealion scenarios.

All these photos are of casts, not renders or prints.

► ANNOUNCEMENT◄

Following up from this excitement, we are delighted to announce a whole wave of home font British WW2 miniatures to accompany our existing range. This will be via the medium of Kickstarter during late November.

You are encouraged to join in with the project - like a school group! We're already working away sharing pictures and information to bring you just what you - and the wargaming community as a whole - need. Come over to Baggy's Cave (The Official Bad Squiddo Games Group) and WARGAMING OPERATION SEALION (on facebook!) where the fun is at! You'll get more input on this than any project we've worked on yet.

More details will be dripped at you over the next month, but just think now how amazing your table is gonna look with WAAFs, WRENs, Lumberjills............pigeons! And lots lots more.

The bofors will be in the KS as an add on but at the same price as this pre order deal - so it's entirely up to you on how long you can wait, but if you pre order the bofors on the website now you SHOULD get it for Christmas (can't promise but looking likely) and you can back the KS for whatever amount you like minus the bofors (or with, if you want more!)

Please do share around, this is wonderful news!

Thank you!

Annie

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
Re: New Bofors 40mm with crew (male & female)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 05:50:18 PM »
Absolutely love this. Great work!
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline .:Gunslinger:.

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 05:54:44 PM »
Fantastic! Definetely getting that one and really looking forward to the KS :-*

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 06:01:14 PM »
Nice kit Annie but £38 is too high for me especially when Warlords are £18 with a four man crew..
But I wish you well with your Kickstarter.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 09:00:51 PM »
Yes, good luck with it but - a small niggle. Shouldn’t this sort of topic have the prefix (COMMERCIAL) in the subject line?

Doug

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 09:24:31 PM »
Admitedly Bad Squiddo's model has better detail and additional pieces than Warlord's. And if I wanted one with this sort of crew then it would be the go to model. Though whilst I have some of the company's miniatures, I'm not currently working on any force which could use this. However any further WWII figures may be suitable as more generic partizans I imagine (though I wouldn't turn my nose up at a couple more Soviets).

Regardless, all the best with this project. I just adore your work Annie. :)

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 11:49:25 PM »
You deserve to be supported so I have ordered what looks to be a smashing kit and already having the Warlord version ..... no comparison really. Cannot wait to see what the KS will bring.

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 02:58:07 PM »
Thank you all! I'm really happy about it's initial response.

It is a beast of a kit and I massively enjoyed putting together the first one ever. It is stunning, I can't wait til they start landing in people's laps so you can all see! At one point I went off resin (as a manufacturer and consumer) as I was so fed up of the quality I was seeing, and then I met our current casters and they convinced me. They cast a massive amount of scale model kits so it's kind of their specialty! They use a lot of totally different techniques and I am constantly being blown away by them. Of course, this isn't cheap, but the quality really speaks for itself.

There's eight people in the pack, you get a choice of gunners male and female. It means you can mix and match and even paint them all up and switch out depending on what you're playing. (They don't need to be permanently fixed) The sculptor has worked on projects for the likes of Games Workshop and Fireforge in plastics so the resin was a perfect medium to really show that off too, ad I am extra grateful that we have such good casters of that material. His next project for us is WRENs despatch riders.

I'll start a new thread in the next week or so specifically for our new Home Front WW2 project so you can see how it develops pre KS :)

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 04:09:28 PM »
Hi Annie,

the Bofors really looks awesome! But could you maybe consider explaining all those acronyms you‘re using for us Non-Brits? WREN, WAAF‘s, Lumberjills... frankly it‘s all greek to me  o_o

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 06:12:21 PM »
Lovely work Annie on this new release,

Best regards,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 10:28:05 AM »
His next project for us is WRENs despatch riders.

:-*

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
Hi Annie,

the Bofors really looks awesome! But could you maybe consider explaining all those acronyms you‘re using for us Non-Brits? WREN, WAAF‘s, Lumberjills... frankly it‘s all greek to me  o_o

WRENs (actually WRNS Woman's Royal Naval Service)
WAAFs (Women's Auxiliary Air Force)
Lumberjills - womens equivalent of a Lumberjack (woodsman)   
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline canonuk

• Student
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2019, 06:10:50 PM »
What fantastic models! They look amazing

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2019, 09:57:04 PM »
WAAFs, WRENS and maybe more ATS?  If they are anything like the quality of the range you already have, all I can say is "Bring on the KS".  :)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2019, 10:39:01 PM »
My mum was a WAAF in WW2, can't wait to have one  to paint up as her.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt