Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:03:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Trial Game Played for the "Return to Little Whiskey"  (Read 4277 times)

Online Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Waggons Arrived in Little Whiskey
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 08:47:39 PM »
Digits, - I'm expecting lots of shootings.

Doug - you bring the whiskey and we can change the name.

Of course, I was forgetting. Yorkie is as Yorkie does. I may bring whisky or whiskey or possibly calvados.

Doug

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Waggons Arrived in Little Whiskey
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 09:01:02 PM »
I may bring whisky or whiskey or possibly calvados.

Knowing you, it's going to be all three!

Little Whiskey is looking superb, looking forward to seeing the Snake Oil wagon.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Some of the Inhabitants of Little Whiskey
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 03:16:37 AM »
I thought  I'd introduce a few of the inhabitants of  Little Whiskey

These are a few of the respectable ones

Miss Virginia and Temperance Jenkins are discussing the poor state of the morals of Little Whiskey with Mrs Tilney, as some street urchin looks on..

Some less respectable ones, Shawnee Mary drives the Stagecoach and local haulage waggons. Big Jim Smith is the Smith and drives a hard bargin and Rose  drives the local nen crazy, she also rides shotgun for Mary on the Stage.

Dora Du Fran waiting for some passing trade is a living example of the discussions that the high minded Miss Virginia and Temperance Jenkins are having. Of course not having an independent income Dora has to shift as best she can.

The humans and sub humans who live in Little Whiskey are normally outnumbered by the  bovine community who tend to be passing through, usually accompanied by wild eyed cowpokes, rustlers and outlaws who will be along shortly.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:20:25 AM by Vagabond »

Offline Panama

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2019, 08:18:01 AM »
The more I see of this mate the more I love it, & I noticed the longhorn cattle even without you having to point them out  lol

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 12:01:06 PM »
Now that is a poky little establishment young Dora has to operate from.  She will catch her death in there!  You need a town pimp with a little financial clout to raise the game.....

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2019, 12:26:38 PM »
Great stuff, I like civilians in a game, brings a little more realism to the game, not to mention the side plots and scenario opportunities.  :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2019, 03:46:13 PM »
Them thar is some fancy looking longies, them with the horns.

Digits, digits, digits - a madam, please, much more respectable than a pimp!   lol
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:53:55 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2019, 04:06:24 PM »
You say potatoes ......

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 12:54:57 AM »
Does that mean I'm saying pow-tah-toes or po-tay-toes?   lol

Online Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2019, 10:58:29 AM »
Does that mean I'm saying pow-tah-toes or po-tay-toes?   lol

No-one except the Gershwins says po-tah-toes :D :D :D

The atmosphere of Little Whiskey is building daily - really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh and I don’t just mean Dora.

Doug

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »
Thanks guys

Digits - Pearl de Ville is the local Madame and she runs Blonde Ednas home for wayward girls, busness is booming  but Whiskey Jack can see the money rolling into Blonde Ednas and has decided to set up in competition, and Dora's crib is part of his bid to open a 24 hour 7 days a week place.

This business rivalry will lead to the Little Whiskey Bath House and Brothel war of 1875.

It unfortunately coincided with groups of very bad men turning up in Little Whiskey at the same time, with some very different agendas, none of them good.
I imagine the citizens of the town will be a little put out by all this activity and they are not the "turn the other cheek" types either.

The Civil War ended 10 years ago but some Confederates don't believe they lost, this set of reprobates pictured in front of Whiskey Jacks Saloon are led by Captain Bertram 'Barmy' Snapcase, he is 3rd from the right. His nickname is not because he's a little deranged but when he proposed leading his company of the 7th South Carolina horse straight at the massed Union guns his General Stonewall Jackson said 'you must be barmy ' the attack was a resounding sucess and he's carried the name ever since.

Pictured round the back stairs leading up to Blonde Ednas are a deadly bunch of desperados,.Within this group are a couple of legendary western characters  you will certainly have heard of.

On the left is Coyote Curran, he ran with the Hole in the Pocket gang back in 59, robbed the last train to Clarkesville in 63 and wrestled with a grizzly bear  in 72.

On the right is O'Donnell, he left Ireland suddenly when he was 16, some story about a young colleen, shotguns and weddings. Went to California the pretty route, via Panama and hooked up with Coyote back in 72. There was a rumour that he was in the Grizzly bear skin when Coyote made the bet that he could fight one, nothing was proven, although they both seemed to have plenty of money after that event, however 3 years later they are in Little Whiskey trying to make ends meet.

Bounty hunters abound out west and these two are amongst the deadliest. The dapper chap on the left is Dougal Emfoure, sometimes called Dougie but not often because of the 3 men who used that soubriquet 2 are dead and the other walks with a limp and can't use his right hand. Dougal had been drinking and his grouping was a little off that day.
The chap on the right is an Arizona Ranger, many years later Johnny Cash sang a song about him and an outlaw called Texas Red. Texas Red is rumoured to be in the vicinity of Little Whiskey and this might be the occasion Johnny Cash sang about.

They are obviously expecting to have a big haul, they brought 4 coffins with them because there's no Undertaker in Little Whiskey and they are considerate killers, intending to give their victims a decent  burial.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Some of the Incomers to Little Whiskey
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 05:38:35 PM »
Now you’re talkin’ !

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »
That's some mean-looking characters - I bet they kick up some trouble for the locals ...

Great update.

RMZ

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 06:41:42 AM »
Considerate killers?  Mmmm.  There might be a story in there somewhere, maybe a screenplay. 

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 09:05:41 AM »
this set of reprobates pictured in front of Whiskey Jacks Saloon are led by Captain Bertram 'Barmy' Snapcase

Reprobates, you say? This, suh is as fine a set of Southern gennelmen as yer old mammy cud ever hope to see!

Ah, the old 7th, I remember them days as if it was only yesterday. As boss a body of Butternuts as you cud wish ta see. I had ma big toe shot off at Roper's Farm in '64 by them damn Yankees. I caint believe Colonel Haskell surrendered us at the Appomattox Court House, I was all fer fighting on to the death, as were ma boys. They certainly drove Old Dixie down that day.

I seem to rekollect that there Dougie Emfoure rode the owl hoot trail with them varmints from the Hole in the Arse Gang, ain't that right? I heard he was mad enough to swallow a horn-toad backwards.

Texas Red is so crooked, he could swallow nails and spit out corkscrews. If'n that ornery slumguzzling cabron is in town, then I'll be wearing ma big-iron on my hip!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:22:03 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »