Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:31:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686556
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sarmor's 15mm tanks and other vehicles  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
Sarmor's 15mm tanks and other vehicles
« on: October 17, 2019, 07:12:53 PM »
I've decided to snap some photos of my small collection of painted WW2 vehicles and share them here, hoping it might inspire me to paint some more (I'm terribly lazy when it comes to painting). So here they are:

Panzer II, Panzer IV and Stug III for fighting in France and Russia - painted for a competition on a Polish forum. All three are from Zvezda, with stowage made by me or taken from BF/PSC kits.

And my earlier AFVs:

Finnish KV-1e, converted from Zvezda's KV-1 with L-11 gun (the later kit with F-32 wasn't available yet)

Late IS-2, Zvezda with added handrails on the turret

Late T-34, Zvezda with added handrails

T-34-85, Zvezda with added handrails

SU-100, Zvezda

Tiger II, Zvezda (had to buy it secondhand - looks like FoW players bought them all!)

KV-1S, Battlefront with some additional stowage

Finnish Sturmi, converted PSC model

Next on the painting list are some late war German AFVs, cause - believe it or not - none of my usual opponents has any (except a single Panther), and we need some to finally start playing What a Tanker! regularly.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 07:14:42 PM by Sarmor »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Sarmor's 15mm tanks and other vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 05:13:04 PM »
Nice.

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 02:45:39 AM »
Looking good.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

I'm looking forward to giving those rules a try too.

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 03:24:41 PM »
Thanks! :)

I have already played WAT a couple of times, even ran participation games on three conventions. It's great fun, as long as you don't mind random games - sometimes you can do everything you want, sometimes just one or two things you have planned, and sometimes nothing. And sometimes your tank explodes after taking the first hit (but the games usually are so short, you can play another one and this time massacre your enemies).

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 05:27:53 PM »
New addition to the collection (and to the German batch which I want to paint next) - Sturmpanzer IV, the newest kit from Zvezda:

(Sans Schurzen.)
Really nice model, though getting the barrel in place is a bit tricky - but it moves in all directions!  :D

Offline Ceeteegee

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 08:32:51 PM »
Armour looks great and some interesting modifications.  Nice to see that Zvezda Brummbar. 
Might have to get one or two. 

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 03:51:55 PM »
Pre-Christmas gift from me to myself.  :D
Last 2019 kit from Zvezda - the M3 Scout Car. 17 parts, but it's easy to build. As with other Zvezda wheeled vehicles, the axles are somewhat fragile, so I'll try to reinforce them with some plasticard.
It comes with a tarpaulin, but the interior is actually quite decent. No crew or machine guns though, but fortunately I have some spare M2s and M1919s from Battlefront kits. I also managed to buy some Soviet halftrack passengers for the crew, but I'm still waiting for them to arrive (that's holiday season for you).

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 12:06:59 PM by Sarmor »

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 06:25:21 PM »
Time for some threadomancy. ;)

Finally sat down to painting tanks (and painting in general) and finished four late war German vehicles. Now my Ivans have someone to fight!

Panther G (Battlefront)

Tiger (Battlefront)

Panzer IV H (Zvezda)

Stug III G (Battlefront)

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 06:31:13 PM »
Some nice additions - the Germans where looking a bit outgunned in the first couple of posts, but looks like you have balanced it out now

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 10:31:48 AM »
Finally my Stug and Pz IV had their combat debut - although it went terribly wrong, as both were eliminated before they could spot the enemy. First the Firefly knocked out the Pz IV, and then the Sherman took three shots in a row at the Stug: the first shot missed, the second bounced off the armour, but the third one destroyed the assault gun.
On the other hand, since this was an introductory What a Tanker! game, I hope that after such a victory my opponent wants to play some more.  lol

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 12:42:16 PM »
Well sadly the first game with your beautifully painted miniatures you’re really proud of went pretty much to form. Isn’t it weird: spend ages making a little piece of art; something you love, and it’ll be less than useless the first time (if not more) you deploy it but slap it down unpainted/based with biscuit crumbs on it and you can pretty much guarantee that it’ll take the day!

Keep up the good work,
BALM
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2021, 05:47:04 PM »
Nice little fight.  For the British, I guess... ;)

But that's the way it goes.  I can just about plan on any unit I paint failing miserably in their debut on the field.  Happened in our recent Germans vs. GI's game.  My Germans were already wargame vets, but the GIs were rookies.  Of course, the GIs took it in their shorts.... :(.  Oh well, maybe next time....

"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 06:08:57 PM »
Next time we'll probably be using my minis only (another intro game), so at least some of them will be successful. ;)