Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689773
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: fight with Skynet  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Khmorg

• Mad Scientist
fight with Skynet
« on: October 21, 2019, 05:00:18 AM »
I blinded civilians to be freed from the evil Skynet.
I am also pleased to bring to your attention the Russian resistance fighters.

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
Re: fight with Skynet
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 05:44:14 AM »
Lovely sculpts.   :)
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 06:56:18 AM »
Are they/will they be, available?
They could be used in a lot of games. Can never have too many civilians.
They can get in the way. You can hide among them. They can be a source
of information, or for the utterly heartless out there, be part of a target
rich environment.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 11:53:03 AM »
Lovely figures. I'd definitely buy a set if they were available.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Braz

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 12:15:28 AM »
Nice. As mentioned, not enough civilians

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »
Those would be a rather good addition to many games. Hope you bring them to market.

Offline Khmorg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 06:12:43 PM »
Thank you all for your kind words.

Offline ACW Gamer

• Scientist
    • Raven Banner Games
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 12:55:01 PM »
Hello all!

Based on your response, we plan on bringing these figures to the market. We will be putting together a kickstarter for that purpose.

We hope to do some figures good for all post-apoc/sci-fi games such as the "survivors."

Additionally, we will be doing two "universes." One that is more "gritty" in the style of "Stalker" or the "Metro" Universe.

The other is where humans battle the machines of the singularity. (Understand, we have to be careful not to step on copyrights.) These are armed with energy weapons (plasma rifles) and will work well with other games already out there *cough* Terminator *cough*

In both the Metro and Singularity Universe, I have asked Khmorg to use a "Russian" focus instead of the Los Angeles focus that we have gotten use to.

Other ideas we are discussing: Metro survivors on horseback, mutated animals and/or creatures.

Singularity: heavy weapons team and dog teams.

What figures would YOU like to see in any of these genres??

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
What figures would YOU like to see in any of these genres??

Good news that these may become available.

For me the civilians/survivors are the more interesting and I will certainly pick up the set you have shown here.  There are plenty of armed/equipped survivor figures in multiple ranges, but very few options for the bulk of people who need protecting or who would be remaining behind at a camp.

So figures representing old and young unarmed civilians; Woman with baby, children playing,  people working on growing vegetables, collecting firewood, carpenters etc.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »
Good news that these may become available.

For me the civilians/survivors are the more interesting and I will certainly pick up the set you have shown here.  There are plenty of armed/equipped survivor figures in multiple ranges, but very few options for the bulk of people who need protecting or who would be remaining behind at a camp.

So figures representing old and young unarmed civilians; Woman with baby, children playing,  people working on growing vegetables, collecting firewood, carpenters etc.

I second Robh. It's the civilians that are really different about the set of sculpts you have posted. More of Post Apoc shop keepers, traders and people doing repairs, wandering scavengers with scrap (wheelbarrows and baby pushchairs full of boxes and food). You could probably produce a set that would fit both 'Metro' and 'Singularity'.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 07:36:23 PM »
Plus another one for lots of civilians.
I would add migrants, i.e. Ones with rucksacks, luggage, bags  even a shopping trolley.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 06:12:21 PM »
I'm also in on the survivors. That will be a great Kickstarter and I'll certainly bring as many people to the table as I can on that.

As for "others" I think modern trades such as paramedics, surgeons, firefighters and maybe even something like a politician or emissary would be good. For the first three, I'm thinking their kit would be much more abused, torn and patched up.

For the last two, I'm mostly thinking along the lines of some history podcasts that I've been listening to. While warring factions eventually get after it, those conflicts often start with a very "simple" visit from an emissary of some sort. Asking for tribute, making treaties, warning that if such and such town doesn't beg for mercy and hand over all of the food it will be wiped from existence. For me, it would make an interesting character to show up before the wasteland raiders, and then you have the choice to send them away (You tell your warlord we will die defending our town) or simply kick them down a hole screaming "This is SPARTA!" and then rally your troops at the Hot Gates. So, I don't know what an emissary looks like, but I think they are not an armed sculpt.

Offline bernard

• Schoolboy
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »
Despite 'not doing any more Kickstarters' this sounds interesting.

Civilian types are always useful.

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 03:04:18 PM »
Definitely civilians, teenagers, old, wounded, ragged, maybe some in military surplus kit, plenty of blankets, coats, rucksacks, staffs to aid in walking, torn up shoes, rugged boots, full on Preppers with bladed weapons and all the gear, to those with not very much and no idea.

Any 'Amed civilians' should only have shotguns, double barrelled and 'over and under', sawn-offs, occasional revolver - not the heavily armed fantasy but the generic reality that fits anywhere / when.

Good stretch goal could be an improvised cart of some sort, perhaps an old car, being pulled by sickly looking horses and laden with 'worldly goods'.
Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline Khmorg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 05:39:17 PM »
Many thanks to all of you for their opinions and ideas !!!