Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:37:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686662
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Harlem Heroes  (Read 1552 times)

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
Harlem Heroes
« on: October 26, 2019, 04:27:40 PM »
Hi,

I have no real interest in super heroes, or SH gaming, and so have no knowledge of SH style minis whatsoever. However, I've just had the idea to recreate the old 2000AD strip Harlem Heroes and the sport of aeroball. So, what I really need are various action poses of mostly body suit (and maybe a belt or shoulder pads), which I can add helmets and jetpacks to, and the odd bit of greenstuff. I thought Superheroes would be the best place to find those sort of models, so if anyone has any ideas where I can buy a good number of these sort of figures, I'd appreciate it.

Hard plastic that I can glue to pose in a variety of ways would be a bonus.

cheers

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 04:30:53 PM by monkeylite »

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
Re: Harlem Heroes
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 06:26:36 PM »
Your best bet is Heroclix.  They are cheap plastic miniatures that are easy to mod or paint over.  My next suggestion would be modeling dollies.  Reaper and Hasslefree sell these. 

There are only a few couple of Super Hero miniature ranges out there.  Not many in a variety in a body type suit.  Heroclix, Pulp City, SuperFigs, Crossover, and soon Kitbash games are about it.  Maybe one or two others I'm forgetting.  I wouldn't use Knights Models Batman or DC Universe for this project.  To expensive and fragile.  Same with the upcoming Marvel Crisis Protocol.  To expensive for modding.

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
Re: Harlem Heroes
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 08:28:16 AM »
Thanks for the advice. I will trawl through a load of heroclix stores and see what I can pull together. And maybe get brave enough to greenstuff some dollies.