Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Tilean Campaign  (Read 113798 times)

Offline EskeiraSees

• Assistant
Re: Pictures from my Tilean Campaign
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 10:21:56 AM »
 :-* Fantastic photos
Its this type of extended, in depth, home brewed, narrative, well modelled, immersive campaign that I think best represents the pinnacle of the hobby for me, very cool.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 10:44:42 AM »
:-* Fantastic photos
Its this type of extended, in depth, home brewed, narrative, well modelled, immersive campaign that I think best represents the pinnacle of the hobby for me, very cool.

Agreed. This is precisely the sort of thing I am in the hobby for; fully narrative and immersive stuff. The Tilean campaign is well worth a read from beginning-now for any fan of fantasy worlds.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 11:06:43 AM »
Better put the link here again: https://bigsmallworlds.com/
My Tilean Campaign can be found at https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2019, 06:30:17 PM »
An emissary from the arch-lector of Morr pays a visit to Maestro Angelo da Leoni's workshop studio ...

It was these pics that clued me in on more possibilities for indoors scenes - like sunlight streaming in through windows!

Next, I will put up images of what they were talking about!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 08:40:13 PM by Padrissimus »

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2019, 08:52:46 AM »
This was going on outside, on the streets of Remas, and it was what the maestro and his visitor were discussing.

The Maestro's new machine was being paraded through the streets, by the city had changed somewhat since the paradng of his steam battery. The Disciplinati had taken the city for themselves and their god.

A short excerpt from the story which had the above pictures ...

“You have made a war engine for them,” said Marsilio. “I saw it myself on my way here, being pulled through crowded streets. I was surprised you were not with it. You rode your steam engine before Calictus.”

Angelo shook his head. “I could not bear to accompany it, to be in those crowds. When I returned to the city I found what I found, whether I liked it or not. Yet Remas is my home. I offered the Praepositus Generalis a new engine to buy his favour, so that I might not suffer whatever ignominies he would otherwise demand of me. The work was as nothing compared to my steam engine, but he does not know that. In truth this engine was already almost completed, having been laid aside when I commenced work upon the last. The glasses were ground, the mounting done. All that was required was to assemble the parts. I had originally envisaged it as armament for the steam engine, but then Remas acquired a remarkable artillery piece, and when I saw what it could do I chose instead to mount that.”

“However it was made,” asked Marsilio, “will this new engine not wreak destruction upon the foe?”

“Oh, I assure you, it is capable of truly awful effect. As to how reliable it is, I cannot say. The artillery piece depended upon the quality of the black powder and the expertise of the gunners. This machine relies on the vagaries of the winds of magic, and the mathematical cunning with which its glasses are deployed.”

“It looks impressive, I can assure you.”

The maestro narrowed his eyes, then asked, “Did you see who rode upon it?”

“Two men, both in clerical robes. One fellow, an old man, bald on top with tufts of hair sticking out from the side, was holding a skull aloft.”

“Oh yes, he came with them for the machine. I showed him as best I could how it should be used. I heard they tested it yesterday upon a blaspheming heretic – some drunken fool who questioned aloud whether Morr had abandoned us. They tied him to a stake at a hundred paces distance and in a few moments burned his body to ashes from the neck down. Only his head remained, and that fleshless.”

“Thus the skull?” suggested Marsilio.

“Aye, thus the skull,” said Angelo.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2019, 11:50:04 PM »
A mad priest (one of the Disciplinati di Morr) preaches somewhat enthusiastically to the Pavonan soldiers in Duke Guidobaldo Gondi's army camp ...

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2019, 08:56:25 AM »
Just some gobbos having a chinwag ...

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2019, 11:54:21 AM »
Thanks for posting these!

Silly question but are the minis based (and stealthily hidden)? or have you got a crafty way of keeping them upright?

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2019, 04:31:00 PM »
They are based, and I use a surprisingly simple technique that nevertheless did not occur to me until about three years ago. The method = Flock. Sometimes lots of it. Occasionally some railway modelling gravel type stuff.

Materials = flock, little brush for positioning it, big brush for sweeping it up after and a receptacle to sweep it off the table edge into.

An example (a recent photo for my campaign to accompany a conversation between two characters in an army camp tent):

Position some models and take test photos (to save the extra hassle of re-positioning when the flocking has been done)...

Then apply the flock and take the pic again ...

So ... you can imagine the faffing about that goes into a pic like the following ...

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2019, 04:52:06 PM »
The terrible day of reckoning in Urbimo, when the dedicants of Morr, with Barone Pietro Cybo's enthusiastic permission, executed (by various means) all those they suspected of evil magic and other crimes against their god ...

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2019, 04:38:10 PM »
Great scenes. Ever been tempted to lay out, for example, your entire human figure collection to see how big of a coalition force could be mustered?

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2019, 05:54:09 PM »
About 10 years ago, maybe more, I did indeed have the mad thought of photographing everything together. I managed to get just the 'Good Guys' onto a table, including pygmies, and dwarfs, and elves, as well as many, many men (Empire, Arabyans, Brettonians, Border Princes (i.e. Normans etc) ...

Since then I have added several new armies (Cultists, Dogs of War, Tilean Militia) several more new brigades, and LOTS of reinforcement regiments. The table would not longer be big enough!

I never got round to putting out the "Bad Guys", of which I think I have as many figures, as it took me so long to get all of the Good Guys out and put them all away again.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:33:22 PM by Padrissimus »

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2019, 07:30:30 PM »
Wow! Seems like you have large forces for every city state in Tilea and more!

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2019, 07:34:01 PM »
I might set up all the pikemen one day as that would be fun (although my fingers wouldn't like it - ouch!)

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2019, 07:37:43 PM »
Baron Garoy inspects an archer company of the Brabanzon mercenaries camped by the Iron Road from Karak Borgo to Campogrotta ...