Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:45:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689749
  • Total Topics: 118292
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Tilean Campaign  (Read 113199 times)

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
Re: Pictures from my Tilean Campaign
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2019, 05:34:14 PM »
You asked about the one with the huge club. If you meant the one with the ogre's club bound with spiky iron rungs, that's a plastic model from either the GW Bulls set or their gnoblar's set, or maybe their ironguts' set. Not sure, but defo a GW plastic.

The one with the plain wooden club, as with most of the figures in this batch of photos, is from a good 25 years or so ago, from a range I cannot recall (if I ever knew). I am going to search the interweb now ....

... hang on! You said long snouts - they are all plastic gnoblars. Only the other, ugly-bugly ones are metal.
My Tilean Campaign can be found at https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2019, 05:45:03 PM »
Got it ... Alternative Armies, different sets, but definitely some from OH15 GOBLIN ELITE (https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/goblin-hordes/products/oh15-goblin-elite) which has the other gob with a club and the one leaning heavily on the halberd.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2019, 07:34:01 PM »
The somewhat frustrated, young King Ferronso watches secretly from the shadow of the trees whilst some of the large army of Sartosan pirates who have captured his town of Aversa drill with the pikes they have stolen from the town's magazine.

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2019, 06:02:34 AM »
You asked about the one with the huge club. If you meant the one with the ogre's club bound with spiky iron rungs, that's a plastic model from either the GW Bulls set or their gnoblar's set, or maybe their ironguts' set. Not sure, but defo a GW plastic.

The one with the plain wooden club, as with most of the figures in this batch of photos, is from a good 25 years or so ago, from a range I cannot recall (if I ever knew). I am going to search the interweb now ....

... hang on! You said long snouts - they are all plastic gnoblars. Only the other, ugly-bugly ones are metal.

Ahhh thanks for that. He has a very Prehammer look about him.
The AA one with the halberd is a cracker too.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2019, 02:51:45 PM »
Rise up! Rise up to fight once more!

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2019, 05:26:06 PM »
The necessary cleansing of Trantio, after its horrible occupation by the vampire duchess's army ...

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2019, 04:58:12 PM »
Run boys, run!

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2019, 06:23:34 PM »
My favorite post thus far is the raising of the dead to fight again. Very atmospheric pics.
"Just don't roll a one!"

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2019, 09:37:11 AM »
Thanks Commander!

Now working (kind of) backwards from the first post in this thread, to the pictures that were on Photobox not Imgur and thus ruined by watermarks and blurring (etc), which I was too lazy to convert but now am willing to because you guys seem to be enjoying the pictures.

Here is the Holy Army of Morr on the march. First up, the dwarf mercenaries serving the Arch Lector of Remas with the crossed keys of Morr on their shields (he is the gatekeeper of the heavenly garden) ...

Now a bigger view so you can see both columns.

Here you can see the newly elected arch Lector, Bernado Ugolini, talking with his young clerical servant Brother Duarte.

Close ups ...

Then they halt to speak to Father Benvenuto and Brother Marsilio walking behind them ...

As you can see the dwarfs continue to march on by in the other column ...

The other Morrite clerics report as best they can ...

While the soldiers of the arch-lector's guard stand patiently.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2019, 02:27:28 PM »
These narrative photo shoots are great, I'm loving the stories you are telling with them.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2019, 02:35:57 PM »
These narrative photo shoots are great, I'm loving the stories you are telling with them.

Thanks! If you want to read the actual story, rather than just some brief descriptions of the pictures, see the part titled The Battle of the Via Diocleta: Prequel at https://bigsmallworlds.com/2017/10/28/tilea-campaign-part-15/

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2019, 02:44:44 PM »
Thanks, I'll look that up.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2019, 07:06:52 PM »
I thought instead of story-piece pictures from the campaign, I should put up some battle report pictures from an actual game write up (which intersperse the story pieces).

Not sure that I should post all 53 battle report pics so I will pick and choose in a roughly chronological order and try to get it down to about half that number!

Pictures from the Battle of the Via Diocleta, in which an allied army of Pavonans and Remans took on the 'Double Army' of the ogre tyrant Razger Boulderguts ('double' because it included the tyrant Mangler's mercenary army too!)

And then some 'posed' photos used to bring the battle report's story to a proper conclusion (re: events immediately after the last turn) ...

To see the full report on the Oldhammer Forum, with all the pics and a very full description indeed, go to the prequel at http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=85876#p85876 then read the next four of five posts!

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »
BTW, perhaps interestingly, the ogre army had already fought several battles (mostly as two separate bodies) in the campaign up til this point, pillaging their way through central Tilea. What you see here is Razger's force in a diminished form!

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2019, 12:40:06 PM »
Discussions with the palace guard.

Here are two images from when a dedicant of the Disciplinati di Morr and the Morrite priest Father Gabrielle made a deal with Captain Luppolt Vogel of the arch-lector’s guard, in the gardens behind the Palazzo Montini. As a result of their agreement, the palace guard did not interfere while the Disciplinati violently seized control of Remas from the nobles and their bravi soldiers.