Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:49:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690647
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Tilean Campaign  (Read 113770 times)

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Re: Pictures from my Tilean Campaign
« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2020, 06:07:26 AM »
I really like that crypt scene.

“...as my eyes grew accustomed to the light, details of the room within emerged slowly from the mist, strange animals, statues, and gold - everywhere the glint of gold. For the moment... wait... no. It's skeletons!"
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2020, 10:55:08 AM »
A military procession before the most holy leaders of the Triumverate churches of Tilea (Morr, Mercopio and Myrmidia) ...

(As you can see the condottiere Captain General Scaringella is present too, as well as the leader of the church of Blessed Shallya)

His holiness the Arch-Lector of Morr, Calictus II

Myrmidian Arch Priest De Sicca

High Priest of the Mercopian Church Flavio Tognazzi

Cathayan Mercenaries

Dwarf Mercenaries

And of course, being Tilea, pikemen

My Tilean Campaign can be found at https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Thew1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2020, 01:23:26 PM »
This is a really fun narrative thread with some brilliant evocative scenes. Thank you for sharing and I hope the campaign isn't being held up too badly with the current situation.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2020, 12:12:54 PM »
Ta muchly, Thew1. I'm busy on a story for the campaign right now!

Meanwhile, here's another old scene in which I think the pictures tell the story ...

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2020, 11:52:25 PM »
Now for some very recent pictures from my ongoing campaign.

Scenes from the Portomaggioran army camp ...

(Yes, that guy is doing what you think he's doing.)

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #245 on: April 13, 2020, 02:19:39 AM »
Are those bags hand-stitched?

Good use of the Zvezda tower that is in the background!

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #246 on: April 13, 2020, 09:04:24 PM »
Yes WuZhuiQiu they are hand stitched - pure linen material, pure linen thread. I make entire costumes for my hobby and job.

Here are the very latest pics from my Tilean Campaign, showing a Grey Seer meeting a messenger.

You can see the story that goes with these pics at http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=101351#p101351

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »
Uh! Oh! Clan Skryre nukes?

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2020, 03:47:30 PM »
Did you see the modelling post regarding the 'super mortar', WuZhuiQiu? See http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=120442.msg1558966#msg1558966

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2020, 06:28:54 PM »
Did you see the modelling post regarding the 'super mortar', WuZhuiQiu? See http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=120442.msg1558966#msg1558966

No, I hadn't. Nice work! By the way, which edition of WHFB have you been using for your campaign? 3rd? 6th? Some other?

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2020, 06:47:03 PM »
No, I hadn't. Nice work! By the way, which edition of WHFB have you been using for your campaign? 3rd? 6th? Some other?

The campaign is so old in real time that we started with 7th (using lots of 6th ed non-official campaign lists) and moved to 8th. We then got stuck there, for obvious reasons. There would be weeks of work to try to alter the lists etc. There are reams of rules re: recruitment, reinforcement, supply and upkeep, etc and what not. I'd rather just GM, and play and write the stories than try to rebuild the engine from within!

There's a lot of home rules, modified from existing internet campaign rules, as well as loads I have had to make (with the players' agreement) to cover what the players do and have.

TBH, I really wish the players knew just how much they can role-play the campaign, asking for information, spying, playing tricks, learning of the detailed history, geography etc. Some have a tendency to play as if it is the set rules of a boardgame. It might be, however, that progress seems so slow to them (no matter how hectic I am - modelling, painting, photographing, writing, GMing, etc) that they just don't feel involved enough to be immersed on that level??!?

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2020, 07:52:40 PM »
Thanks for your thorough answer! Yes, the diplomacy, espionage, and unconventional tricks could be the most fun!

Have you tried involving some of the players in building scenery or in raising units, to be lent to you for the campaign, or even as the equivalent of volunteer painters and modellers with respect to your figures and building kits?

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »
Funny you should say that. The player whose army is even now the most northerly of the living forces (thus nearest the undead, in fact marching to take them on - when he feels like he can do it) had been painting loads of undead for me to use in the enemy undead forces!

The undead armies are detailed, listed and painted already (mine), but as they grow over time, or as new forces are raised, I will employ his models to bolster my own. The original undead player (who left) had monster heavy forces, and I have never really painted such forces. I go for 'hordes' (thus 100 zombie cultists yet to see a fight!!!!!) This player has painted the monsters necessary to keep the right feel for the undead forces, even though they are now an NPC force!

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2020, 08:04:32 PM »
Thanks for your thorough answer! Yes, the diplomacy, espionage, and unconventional tricks could be the most fun!

Don't get me wrong, there has been a LOT of that already, and it has led to some very unexpected and interesting situations, but not every player does it. Only about half.

Offline Padrissimus

• Mad Scientist
    • Big Small Worlds
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2020, 12:14:42 AM »
Pictures for the story I am working on right now, being co-written by me and one of my players (who will be answering as his character, the seated general).