Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Should I sell my Mordheim collection?  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
Should I sell my Mordheim collection?
« on: October 28, 2019, 02:35:41 PM »
Hey guys,

I am in a bit of a conundrum. I am thinking of selling my Mordheim models. I am not planning on playing the game anymore as Frostgrave more or less has taken over for my skirmish fix and I fell out of love with the Mordheim/Warhammer aesthetics and world.

I have quite a sizable collection, both official and unofficial (but mostly still GW) models. I want to give them a happy home. I think I would prefer them to go to one home, all of them, but I can understand if that would be too costly.

Still, I want to hear if anyone here might have any interest. I am not looking for top dollar, a fair price is all I am looking for.

You can see some of the models here:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=112634.15

What I have, more or less, is:
Sisters of Sigmar - Enough to make two warbands easily
Witch Hunters - The champions are the official models
Pirates - With that really cool limited edition Sartosan Pirate
Assorted Undead - Including the MH Necromancer and Sartosan Vampire
Marienburg - Though none of the MH models
Reikland - Though again, no MH models
A smattering of models for Possessed, though not all GW
Bertha Bestraufrung
Johann the Knife
Aenur
And then some random models that fit the game really well, including Wizards, Wolf Priest and such, cool kitbashes and I probably forgot something here as well.

The vast majority of these are well painted, so could be used to jumpstart an entire campaigh with a group of friends. If I can find a group that is willing to take them off my hands for a fair price, I would let them go. If anyone has any interest, let me know. I can take a picture of the entire collection should you wish so.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Daniel36

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
Re: Should I sell my Mordheim collection?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 03:35:13 PM »
I have over the years acquired a fondness for the Mordheim aesthetic (though maybe not all the fish...), and I am keeping an eye for the odd model here and there, but I am only looking for unpainted (or badly painted to strip) models as I want to have everything painted in my own style.

From the pictures, your selection looks very nicely painted - I hope they find a happy home (though moneywise, you would probably do best by selling them as individual warbands).

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 06:28:04 PM »
Couldn't you use these models with Frostgrave? Aside from the skulls, the humans are generic enough for any setting...

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 10:08:34 PM »
Nice collection of figures.

I am getting back into Mordheim now as there are a lot of newer models in the same fantasy dark gothic genre around that will work well.  I actually find it a much better game than Frostgrave to play.

I cannot look at the whole set but would be interested in the Sisters figures if you split up the bands, one of the forces I never picked up originally and would like to have.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 08:29:53 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

@Griefbringer : I know selling them individually might yield a better price overall, but I am not looking to make the most possible out of it. I much rather give them a happy new home together.

@Condottiere : I'm really fussy about those things, and only use models that aesthatically match perfectly with each other. The GW models don't match the Frostgrave range in my opinion.

@robh : I will keep it in mind. Like I said, I am hoping to send them all away together, but if I really can't, and I get enough individual offers, I might part with them seperately.

Offline Aerendar Valandil

• Librarian
    • Amsterdam6Shooters Wargames Club
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 04:02:25 PM »
They are lovely, Sir.

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 05:13:47 PM »
Don't do it. The muse may come back to you.
"Just don't roll a one!"

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 07:25:01 PM »
It may be worth you putting a thread up on the Mordheim forum:  http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com

It is where pretty much everyone with an interest in keeping the game going ends up.  Maybe instead of a single buyer for the set you could get a group of people willing to share it between them?

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 12:19:30 PM »
It may be worth you putting a thread up on the Mordheim forum:  http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com

It is where pretty much everyone with an interest in keeping the game going ends up.  Maybe instead of a single buyer for the set you could get a group of people willing to share it between them?
Thanks. I did check Tom's place, but the "Trader" area was rather barren.

Offline MagpieJono

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 02:43:28 PM »
What kind of price would you be looking at?

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 07:49:30 AM »
Hey Magpie,

I am going to get my collection together so I can say exactly what I have, give a better estimate, but for now...

I am not looking at asking ridiculous prices just because a model is "rare", so no 50 bucks for one model, but let's say that I am looking at just about 1,5 of what the original asking price would be at the max, depending on the model in question.

But again, I have to first get everything together. At least now I know there is some interest in them, so it wouldn't be all in vain.