Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:53:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Rhodan 28mm !?  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
Re: Perry Rhodan 28mm !?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 05:32:43 PM »
Chris : how do you make Icho Tolot !?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 06:37:18 PM »
Chris : how do you make Icho Tolot !?

I used a plastic GW fantasy Ogre, with Space Ork arms, with the head and the uniform sculpted over in putty. Don't have any pics of the WIP, sorry about that.

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 06:53:33 PM »
Thanks Chris !

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 07:50:36 PM »
Hi Chris !

How do you make the "bubbles" robots !? And the big robotic drone !?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 09:17:14 PM »
Hi Chris !

The humanoid robots are cobbled together from plastic pearls from a crafts store, steel white and plastic and IIRC. I should have a WIP image somewhere but will have to look.

The floating robot is essentially two 30mm (?) lipped bases, some washers and plastic decorative hemispheres.

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2019, 09:14:37 AM »
Thanks Chris ! That's a lot of very good ideas ! ;)

Offline The-closet-gamer

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 04:24:13 PM »
In a nutshell, what is this franchise about? Some one once told me that it is the German equivalent of Dan Dare. I've seen a few OOP model kits a few years back and they looked quite interesting.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum. No wait I've just found another pack in my back pocket. Mmm tropical fruit bubblicious.

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 04:46:47 PM »
Hello

Perry Rhodan is a literary saga of science fiction, more precisely a mix of hard science and space opera.

It began in the 1960s under the pen of two authors Clark Dalton & KH Scheer, in the form of a weekly booklet.

The success in Germany was immediate and very important!

So much so that the series ... still continues today (we have passed the 3000 issues!)

Obviously to ensure such a volume of writings, many authors (including some women) have since added to the first 2.

It is a literature of the "popular" type, but the simple developments are far from being simplistic: we fight / compete against extraterrestrial races of which a significant number are cousins ​​of the human being because the saga is based especially on Erich Von Daniken's theory of Ancient Astronauts, and that mankind once swarmed into the galaxy before a major catastrophe that made us start from scratch, we explore unknown worlds, huge buildings / starbase / starships now empty (or not ) and lugubrious, goes towards immortality, one travels first in the solar system, then to other stars, then squarely, thanks to huge transmitters, to other galaxies (Andromeda and M87 for example), we meet super-intelligences, which are none other than the servants of the Cosmocrats and Chaotarchs!There is a lot of robots, starships, starbases ...

It's just great!

A Website to visit :

https://www.pr-materiequelle.de/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:49:14 PM by Byblos »

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2019, 07:36:40 PM »
Hi Chris !

The humanoid robots are cobbled together from plastic pearls from a crafts store, steel white and plastic and IIRC. I should have a WIP image somewhere but will have to look.

The floating robot is essentially two 30mm (?) lipped bases, some washers and plastic decorative hemispheres.

I'm sorry it took me so long, but here's two WIP shots of the robots.

As you see, the large torso piece is a sphere, the pelvis is a lentil-shaped pearl, and the head a flattened sphere. The hip joints are put on a piece of wire running through, but the rest is glued straight plastic-to-plastic using superglue. The pearls I used had a frosted surface, which I think helped with adhesiveness - I've had superglue flake off smooth plastic pearls.

The arm and leg wires run through the shoulder/elbow and hip/knee joints, respectively, with the leg wires being glued into holes in the bases for added stability. The details are just plastic tubing slipped on top of the wires or glued to the respective parts' surfaces.

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »
Thanks Chris  :-*

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2019, 11:16:27 PM »
The pearls I used had a frosted surface, which I think helped with adhesiveness - I've had superglue flake off smooth plastic pearls.

Boy, do I know that problem.  Some of those beads just will not take paint.  Some of them won't even stick with superglues.  Just nothing grabs on them, and it's hard to tell till you try.  The stores usually object to you testing with some zap-a-gap beforehand, I notice.  :)