Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rebels & Patriots forum?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
    • Corlears Hook Fencibles
Rebels & Patriots forum?
« on: October 30, 2019, 12:46:43 AM »
Is there someplace other than Facebook where folks who play Rebel & Patriots discuss rules and such?
And the glorious general led the advance
With a glorious swish of his sword and his lance
And a glorious clank of his tin-plated pants. - Dr. Seuss

My blog: http://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

Offline SHARPE52

• Bookworm
Re: Rebels & Patriots forum?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 07:50:09 AM »

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 09:10:51 AM »
Is there someplace other than Facebook where folks who play Rebel & Patriots discuss rules and such?

Nothing wrong with discussing it here.

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 11:35:44 AM »
Thanks for that. The designer is quite active on Tapatalk, I see. It has already answered the question I had.

The question: it seemed that to rally, you had to activate and then roll to rally, two tests. It turns out the designer says just one roll, which is simpler. The other way, which we did last game, seems clunky. Broken units fail to activate and just sit there. With the single roll they will rally or keep running or disperse.

Offline Bowman

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »
I am laid up in hospital away from my book so this may be incorrect. My apologies. 

You cannot always activate all your troops. So if you absolutely need to Rally a unit, it must be one of the activated ones. The Rally roll just sees how successful the leader was acting upon his unit.

Or not!  ???
"This I have known ever since I stretched out my fingers to the abomination within that great gilded frame; stretched out my fingers and touched a cold and unyielding surface of polished glass." 

H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 09:23:27 PM »
Michael Leck AKA Dalauppror said one die roll to rally units, not one to activate and then another roll to rally. Following that last (incorrectly) led to broken units pausing in range of the enemy when they failed to activate. It struck me as silly then and it turns out is not what the designer had in mind.

Offline SHARPE52

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 07:28:09 AM »
We are playing quite often to R&P and we apply what vtsaogames says (i.e. a single roll of dice to rally with any activation before) and it seems to work well.
Rally action is a risky choice because you take the chance of being wiped out with the wrong roll:-(
All in all we are really happy with R&P considering it's a fast set of rules, scenarios are really amusing and it's easy to adapt troops type to a broad range of theatres.
Marco

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 04:27:36 PM »
Rally action is a risky choice because you take the chance of being wiped out with the wrong roll:-(
All in all we are really happy with R&P considering it's a fast set of rules, scenarios are really amusing and it's easy to adapt troops type to a broad range of theatres.
Marco

If your unit has two disorder markers it is not a choice: you must try to rally. Therefore, a prime goal is to give enemy units two disorder markers. Even better, three since the unit routs off the table.