Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:47:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Twilight of the Divine Right AAR's in 28mm?  (Read 727 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Looking for Twilight of the Divine Right AAR's in 28mm?
« on: November 04, 2019, 08:21:38 AM »
I've been asking about these rules on the 1898 miniatures Tercios thread and figured that it was going very OT so thought I'd pop the question here.

Does anyone have any links to an AAR report for Twilight of the Divine Right by the Pike and Shotte Society please?

15mm will do but specifically 28mm will give me a better flavour of what is possible with the rules.

Offline WFGamers

• Librarian
Re: Looking for Twilight of the Divine Right AAR's in 28mm?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 05:57:56 PM »
Hi Atheling,

I am afraid I don't have any AAR's but we have played a number of Twilight of Divine Right games in 28mm and 15mm with no problems.

I see from the other thread that you are looking to use big units so I will talk with this in mind. The rules use the idea of all units having more or less the same frontage and then the measurements are all in whatever half of that distance is. There is no casualty removal so how these are based makes no difference. So you can use as many or as few figures as you like.

In 28mm we have our figures on 50mm by 50mm bases with 4 infantry or 2 cavalry on them. For most of our games we have used units with a frontage of 3 bases, depth varied depending on unit type. So the unit frontage is 150mm which means all movement, ranges, etc, are in multiples of 75mm.  We have also done some with units having a frontage as large as 6 bases - so a unit frontage of 300mm and all distances in multiples of 150mm.

In 15mm we have players with various basing schemes. One guy has his on bases with a 60mm frontage with about 16 infantry in 2  ranks on and a couple have 20mm frontage with 4 infantry in 2 ranks. Most of us have 40mm bases with 4 infantry in a single rank. So when we play in 15mm we use a standard game unit has a frontage of 120mm (so the standard distances are multiples of 60mm). The various players make up their units with different numbers of bases across the front.

I hope that helps a little.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Looking for Twilight of the Divine Right AAR's in 28mm?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 06:23:56 PM »
Hi Atheling,

I am afraid I don't have any AAR's but we have played a number of Twilight of Divine Right games in 28mm and 15mm with no problems.

I see from the other thread that you are looking to use big units so I will talk with this in mind. The rules use the idea of all units having more or less the same frontage and then the measurements are all in whatever half of that distance is. There is no casualty removal so how these are based makes no difference. So you can use as many or as few figures as you like.

You've got my attention now! I like the no casualty removal. Makes for some great dioramas.

In 28mm we have our figures on 50mm by 50mm bases with 4 infantry or 2 cavalry on them. For most of our games we have used units with a frontage of 3 bases, depth varied depending on unit type. So the unit frontage is 150mm which means all movement, ranges, etc, are in multiples of 75mm.  We have also done some with units having a frontage as large as 6 bases - so a unit frontage of 300mm and all distances in multiples of 150mm.

In 15mm we have players with various basing schemes. One guy has his on bases with a 60mm frontage with about 16 infantry in 2  ranks on and a couple have 20mm frontage with 4 infantry in 2 ranks. Most of us have 40mm bases with 4 infantry in a single rank. So when we play in 15mm we use a standard game unit has a frontage of 120mm (so the standard distances are multiples of 60mm). The various players make up their units with different numbers of bases across the front.

I hope that helps a little.

indeed it does. Come the end of the month i may well order a copy of the rules.

Thanks for taking time out to explain- very good of you  8)