Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:24:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Balkenheim 3d - WIP  (Read 1287 times)

Offline puster

• Assistant
Balkenheim 3d - WIP
« on: November 04, 2019, 04:28:10 PM »
Puttin up some images of my ongoing project "Balkenheim 3d" - producing printable STLs for timberframe - Fachwerk.

Last week I made this large 4 story building worthy of an Elderman. I decided to paint it in red as a "Red Town Hall".

Printed and painted in 6mm, but there is a scalable version for 15mm - I just don't have the time to print it in that scale...

If somebody is interested, the files are available from my wifes company DasTri.de.

Offline puster

• Assistant
Re: Balkenheim 3d - WIP
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 07:39:56 AM »
So, the campaign is over, so nobody can accuse me of just advertising :-)

Some images for the 28mm gamers:

And some of the 6mm and 3mm cityscape

Currently printing some of the free churches and cathedrals, to create some serious cityscape. I ordered a 5-color printer in the hope that there is a way to make a multicolored house straight from the printer somehow representable by using washes. Painting these is a real pain, especially if you want more then 400 for the townscape.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 07:49:21 AM »
Very cool.

What scale is the walled town?

Offline puster

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 07:50:01 PM »
What scale is the walled town?

Most of the stuff is for 6mm (1:285), though some pictures are taken for 3mm (1:600) - the printouts work for both versions. As the walls and towers are without structure, they do not work for larger scales. I made a structured wall once that worked for 6mm and 15mm, but never managed (time constraints, and then the availability of many other good town walls) to transfer it to the other wall types and towers.

6mm wall

15mm wall