Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: That's Entertainment....  (Read 989 times)

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
That's Entertainment....
« on: November 12, 2019, 07:08:16 PM »
A couple of packs coming soon from Sally 4th.

Believe they're going to in a mini Kickstarter beginning on the 29th but I'm sure Chris will be along with all the details nearer the time  ;)

"We'll follow the Old Man"

"Sisters"

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Re: That's Entertainment....
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 11:46:56 AM »
Thanks Jon, for another set of superb paint jobs and to Mark for some excellent sculpting.
Both of these sets will be joining our Classic Movie Miniatures range, very shortly.
We've been talking about doing a set inspired by Holiday Inn/White Christmas for several years, but did not quiet get around to getting them ready before Christmas!
Left to right the inspirations are Joe, Gen Waverley's Adjutant, Captain Bob Wallace, Private Phil Davis and of course Major General Thomas Waverley.

I'm hoping that there might be some interest in these as character figures for US WW2 armies as well as Pulp / Classic Movie collectors.
Entertainment by the legendary Wallis & Davis must boost your troops morale for the coming battle!

The second pack 'Sisters' is of course inspired by US Forces sweethearts, The Andrews Sisters.

We're currently working on a few props to go with the packs, I have some ideas for a stage. The plan is to run a quick 1 week Kickstarter, starting 29th December and have the figures out to folks very early in the new year.
Hope they are of interest to someone out their, they certainly made be smile!
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline FlyXwire

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 01:52:14 PM »
Reminds me of some of the characters I used to see during my WW2 reenacting days.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 09:14:40 AM »

These miniatures are now available on our mini 7 day Kickstarter, together with lots more Classic Movie inspired 28mm goodness!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179272384/classic-movies-miniatures-episode-4-thats-entertainment

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 02:08:26 PM »
That looks really good!

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"