Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2020, 08:43:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1376690
  • Total Topics: 97394
  • Online Today: 256
  • Online Ever: 1409
  • (January 16, 2020, 09:05:58 PM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Spoilers thread  (Read 3645 times)

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Hahaah! Fear me, if you dare!
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: The Mandalorian - Spoilers thread
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2020, 12:24:48 PM »
I really enjoyed the series, and like many, I've felt an actual SW spark again. Something I've not felt for a very long time.

I think this format is the way forward, and I hope they will continue in this way. But the creation of the Disney+ channel bodes well in that regard.

The Razor Crest looks very familiar for some reason. Maybe the ship's layout is somewhat tropeish, I can't put my finger on it. But I like it nonetheless.

And I have to agree with the general consensus in regards to the final two episodes; they were the best of the season. The Scout Troopers were hilarious, the shootout around/in the bar was thrilling and the (2nd) demise of IG-11 felt like a true loss. Especially since we got to see an IG series truly in action for the first time in this series.

Also, the X-Wing game throwback in ep. 6, when they destroyed the station was a real 'Yeah!!' moment for me! :D

The dark saber and all it entails bodes well for the next season, and I certainly hope Kara Dune will return...  ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 12:34:52 PM by Daeothar »

'He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who sticks out in darkness is...fluorescent'

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2020, 03:12:14 PM »

The Razor Crest looks very familiar for some reason. Maybe the ship's layout is somewhat tropeish, I can't put my finger on it. But I like it nonetheless.

I thought the Razor Crest had a similar feel to the Republic LAAT. Clearly I wasn't alone since this image popped up:

I think that helped it feel both familiar and new at the same time. I'm glad Mando didn't fly around in something equivalent to the "Slave 2" as I would have required a lot of help understanding why that style ship happened to be associated with the Mandalorians as a whole. Since Mando was part of a pieced together group of Mandalorian refugees, it feels in keeping with the tone that his ship might also pieced together from an old LAAT vice being a true ship of Mandalorian heritage.

My only complaint with the series was that it didn't last long enough. I loved every minute of it, but I seem to be blessed with a very low threshold for enjoying what is in front of me without having to analyze it to the N-th degree.

Offline mithril

• Bookworm
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2020, 07:09:01 PM »
his ship is not a modified LAAT.

it is a Razor Crest class Police gunship. dialog puts the class of ship as Razor Crest (it is not the ship's proper name, despite what so many places keep using it as). the design pre-dates the Empire, but we aren't told by how much. it is presumably heavily modified in armaments and internal systems.

visually it is similar in appearance to the SS-54 Assault ship from the pre-imperial period, suggesting a possible trend in design during that time.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:11:42 PM by mithril »

Offline Grimmnar

• Mastermind
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2020, 05:40:27 AM »
his ship is not a modified LAAT.

it is a Razor Crest class Police gunship. dialog puts the class of ship as Razor Crest (it is not the ship's proper name, despite what so many places keep using it as). the design pre-dates the Empire, but we aren't told by how much. it is presumably heavily modified in armaments and internal systems.
Wookipedia seems to think around 19BBY.

Grimm

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2020, 09:51:25 AM »
So itís *a* Razor Crest, not *the* Razor Crest?

Interesting and perfectly in character.

It was a great show. Enjoyed it immensely.