Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:40:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689781
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for 28mm USMC embassy guards in dress uniform  (Read 1370 times)

Offline mjkerner

• Bookworm
Looking for 28mm USMC embassy guards in dress uniform
« on: November 19, 2019, 06:24:10 PM »
Does anyone make US Marines in 28mm wearing the Class "C" (I think) dress uniform--blue dress trousers, khaki shirt/tie, white dress cover?  Or maybe some figures that could pass as such?

Thanks!

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
Re: Looking for 28mm USMC embassy guards in dress uniform
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 07:30:31 AM »
No help at all... but HLBS did some in 40mm
There may be potential to convert WW2 british officers if you csn find any in cap, shirt sleeves and trousers?
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:17:56 AM »
I reckon your best proxy would be Crooked Dice’s police.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 08:44:15 AM »
Or we could hunt that Empress or Gringo add a couple to their lines.....indeed maybe add a few MP’s whilst they are at it perhaps?

Offline mjkerner

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 01:48:54 PM »
Thank you all. I didn’t think there was anything specific out there, and was looking at various police offerings, including Pig Iron heads for swaps, Carlos. I only need a few, but it would be nice if Empress or Eureka did some. Although great sculpts—I have some of their Vietnam line and all of their Alamo figs—Gringos seem just a tad too big to me. Almost all of my Moderns are Empress, Eureka and Mongrel.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 02:02:30 PM »
Maybe check out Empress SCW range for some extra heads. Or one of the non GW's stores that make none-guard men line puppets of war of Victoria lambs minatures.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 03:11:36 PM »

Could you post a picture of the uniform you're looking for? It might help in finding suitable figures
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline mjkerner

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 03:39:33 PM »
It's definitely Dress "C" Charlies, either short or long sleeves work for me.   I'm going to go with police figs. There are a lot out there to choose from. I just need a couple for gate and door guards.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 03:54:17 PM »

Thanks, I'll keep looking because it's also a kind of figures I would like to have. so far, Crooked Dice seems to be the better option indeed;

http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product/lawmen/

They have M16 and cap option that would be close to what you're searching for... you will need to file some bits here and there though...

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 07:55:29 PM »
I reckon your best proxy would be Crooked Dice’s police.
Interesting idea.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 09:04:10 PM »
I looked into this for myself some time ago.  ;)

Of course, leaving aside out of the blue, terrorist style attacks, it may not be what they are wearing in times of heightened tensions. The marine guards in Tehran in 1979 were wearing RDF camo uniforms wgen the embassy was taken over. IIRC the guards at the Saigon and Beirut embassies were also wearing field uniforms when they suffered their respective pieces of unpleasantness. So for a war time setting or near war setting you might be best off just buying standard infantry in combat clothing.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 10:46:17 PM »
Not exactly the most realistic research, but I was trying to remember what the guards were wearing in such realistic pieces of television fiction as "Homeland" and "Berlin Station".

Offline mjkerner

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 05:28:21 AM »
Lol, I checked through my huge pile of unpainted minis...drawers full from all sorts of eras and themes...and I already have some Crooked Dice police from a much-delayed Zombie venture! So with a little conversion work, I’m set!

Thanks to all for your help even though, somewhat like Dorothy trying to get back to Kansas, I had the answer with me the whole time! (I feel rather embarrassed.)