Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Battle Havoc! - new rules for fantasy battles  (Read 8625 times)

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
Re: [Commercial] Battle Havoc! - new rules for fantasy battles
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »
Cheers Lads, you're right about 10mm Fred, wish I had the nerve to sell off my 15s for 10 mill instead of just replacing them!
Thinking of trying a historical matchup too - ok you lose a wee bit of fantasy flavour but....

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 08:41:33 AM »
The games should work fine with the historical setting.

I was thinking about doing some historical lists/supplement, but this will be a little side project. I do have a draft army list for Republican Romans and Celts, I did play it once :D and it was fun.

Cheers,
Seb

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2019, 03:57:28 PM »
A bit late, but last week I manage to play a game of Battle Havoc!

We used a small table, 50x50 cm and 10mm miniatures! Armies where 69 points each. Dwarf vs Undeads.

At it was superb experience :D Big thanks to Daniel for the game. Next time I will focus more on what I'm doing instead of thinking about rules themself :P

Below is a short battle report from the game, and sorry for the quality of the pictures.

Initial deployment

Dwarfs advance

Dwarfs rapidly (can dwarfs do something rapidly?) advanced forwards to engage the undead hoard.

First blood!

Dwarfs moved way to forward and end up flanked by a mob of angry zombies.

The Grand Melee!

In this grand melee, the dwarfs lost the battle. I also bring my unit of miners too late and allowed Undeads to deal with my units one by one... a recipe for disaster :D

Happy new year, folks!!!

Cheers,
Seb

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 11:25:19 AM »
Hi,
A quick update regarding the latest development in Battle Havoc! :)

For all those who like Dwarfs or Orcs, I’m delighted to announce that we team up with our friends from EOE Orbis Inc and we prepared dedicated packs of miniatures to support Battle Havoc!.

Disclaimer: Please note that all miniatures are produced by us under the license from EOE Orbis Inc. EOE Orbis Inc is not responsible for handling the orders or production. All orders are despatch from our facility in Scotland.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 01:00:35 PM »
Those aren't 10mm, are they? At £10 for six, I would certainly hope not, though I'd congratulate the sculptor.

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »
Those are 28mm :D

Yes, if those were 10mm that would be more than just impressive :D

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 04:53:29 PM »
I'm simultaneously relieved and slightly disappointed, though the sculptor need not feel aggrieved, as they look quite fine even in 28 mm.

I take it the rules will work with both scales and anything in-between? (I haven't read every post in the thread I'm afraid.)

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 08:06:00 AM »
Rules are base orientated, so they work well with small scales like 6mm or 10mm as well as 15mm or 28mm. Basing is similar to the DBA/HOTT games, but as far both players use the same basing method it will all work fine.

I play in 28mm and 10mm, with more focus on the 28mm. It took me a long time, but I finally find my own "mindset" to paint 28s. And because I don't need 20 miniatures per unit (usually 3 to 6 miniature per unit is a standard for 28mm in Battle Havoc!) it's not a chore for me anymore.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2020, 06:36:07 PM »
Thanks. It sounds promising, and I'll keep following the updates.

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2020, 04:36:56 PM »
Much appreciated  :D

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 05:36:01 PM »
I'm actually becoming interested in trying 10 mm for fantasy, which would finally provide a purpose for my Warmaster Empire forces (I never owned that rule set) and give me an excuse to buy some of the Copplestone range as opposition, as well, perhaps, as this range I've just discovered:

https://www.trolls.cz/collections/10mm-fantasy-miniatures?utm_source=BAsic+List&utm_campaign=36decb67ec-Maichimp+-+Chariots+of+Erebos&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_43e194c7e3-36decb67ec-435370065&mc_cid=36decb67ec&mc_eid=05d04720d5

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2020, 11:27:01 AM »
I think I saw some of the miniatures in the past. They look really nice.

Friend of my likes 10mm so I play Battle Havoc! in both 10mm and 28mm.

I got some Coppelstone 10mm, and they are gorgeous models.

I painted those dwarfs some time ago, and I must say they are one of my favourites. GW is excellent, Pendraken is ok, but Coppelstone's are just smashing!

Cheers,
Seb

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2020, 03:43:19 PM »
Oh yes, they do look good. Trouble is I just recently started collecting Copplestone's 15 mm Barbarica range, but the giants, at least, would also work in 10 mm I suppose, as mega-giants.

Van Dyck's ancient Germans and Romans night just work as well, even though they're 12 mm:

http://vandyckmodelsandfigurines.be/index.php/furniture/ancient/germanic-tribes/young-warriors.html

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 05:27:53 PM »
The copplestone 10mm figures are lovely - its a shame it seems to be a closed range, but who knows the dwarves were a bit of a surprise late entry. I’ve just had a big heap of the dwarves painted for me, and now just need to get them based up.

Andrew, 15mm barbarians and giants will work great in 10mm as Ogres and Giants. The original Warmaster giants and dragons where all big, often 50mm + tall, so 15mm giants tend to work well. I’ve got a fair few 15mm and 6mm models in my 10mm fantasy armies.

And while the Van Dyck stuff is listed as 12mm, it seems to fit well with 10mm ranges such as Pendraken (certainly for the WW1 stuff).

The only really 12mm sized ranges are Kallistra, and Pendraken’s Fantasy humans.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 05:50:09 PM »
Thanks, Fred. I've just been looking at both fantasy ranges on the Copplestone site, and I see no reason why at least some types shouldn't work together, with a little identity fluidity. For example, the War Trolls in the 10 mm range are stated to be 20 - 22 mm tall. They also look not unlike the plastic Caesar Orcs, interestingly enough.