Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:38:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Thrakian Recruitment Cards for Mortal Gods  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Mr Brown

• Scientist
    • Speartips and Spaceships
New Thrakian Recruitment Cards for Mortal Gods
« on: November 21, 2019, 11:16:06 AM »
Mortal Gods has become one of my most played games of late and my order of the new expansion cards have arrived. I give my first impression of the Thrakian (Thracians) over on the TabletopGamesUK blog site here -

http://tabletopgamesuk.co.uk/2019/11/20/the-thrakians-are-here/

Definitely an interesting change of pace with these. I think they'll require a bit of finesse to leverage all of their movement tricks but simple enough to just get stuck in.

Offline Stecal

• Scientist
    • Pictures of my minis
Re: New Thrakian Recruitment Cards for Mortal Gods
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 09:58:34 PM »
Well that was quick.  i had just downloaded the free playtest version of the Thrakian cards a few days ago.

I found the Thrakians had lots of trouble dealing with a big Hoplite block.  Concluded they were best added as flavor to a Hoplite based core.  Do the new cards give them moe options?

I just wish the Athenian & Spartan cards were available as a stand alone set.
Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 08:03:14 AM »
Well that was quick.  i had just downloaded the free playtest version of the Thrakian cards a few days ago.

I found the Thrakians had lots of trouble dealing with a big Hoplite block.  Concluded they were best added as flavor to a Hoplite based core.  Do the new cards give them moe options?

I just wish the Athenian & Spartan cards were available as a stand alone set.

I agree with you there.  I don't particularly want all the plastic figures (far prefer metal).  I am OK with getting the starter box with figures but don't really want to have to do the same for Spartan and Athenian sets.

Offline Mr Brown

• Scientist
    • Speartips and Spaceships
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 05:16:40 PM »
I haven't got many games in with them yet but finding their added maneuverability very interesting.

Not convinced they have anything to deal with formed hoplite in a straight up fight but given the speed of the cavalry you can easily harry the flanks and get round the rear of formed groups. Using them as allies or paid mercenaries may be the preferred option for some.

Extra options are, generally speaking, a good thing.