Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:55:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Redoubt miniatures still trading ?  (Read 7354 times)

Offline armybrat84

• Student
  • Historian, Archivist, and Wargamer
Re: Redoubt miniatures still trading ?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2020, 06:00:32 AM »
I live in North America and placed an order just as COVID was starting to affect shipping.  The order arrived promptly.  Order included Redoubt and Britannia figures.

Glad to hear you had good luck with this, compared to others of us.

Was Andy good at communicating with you during the process?

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »
Just to say UK based, ordered Tuesday and arrived this morning with a very pleasant note and a little extra package to say thanks.  Figures look like a little clean up work is needed but no more than most and the details are sharp, lovely figures so overall delighted.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 09:03:28 AM by Roo »

Offline rct75001

• Assistant
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2021, 08:20:22 AM »
Wish I could say the same.  Been waiting for missing parts from an order since February last year.  Many emails back and forth until June / July and then silence.

Richard
http://rctlittlesoldiers.blogspot.com/

And she said to me "You haven't bought more little men have you ?"

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2021, 02:08:24 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  Closer inspection shows a reasonable amount of clean up, one or two poses suffer more.  Lovely animated figures though and the head swap options are awesome and that is coming from a Perry fanboy!

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2021, 10:01:36 AM »
Wish I could say the same.  Been waiting for missing parts from an order since February last year.  Many emails back and forth until June / July and then silence.

Richard

I'm sorry to hear that but my experience has been exactly the opposite.  Ordered recently some Trojan War figures which was despatched very quickly along with a extra couple of figures. A follow up email regarding the building of the chariots was answered by return.  Excellent service and will be ordering again.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2021, 10:07:48 AM »
Can I ask what the quality is like with Redoubt? I had a collection of their Trojan Wars figures many years ago and have recently thought of buying them again. Given the age of the range plus the transfer to Andy Grubb I was a little worried that the moulds may no longer be first-class.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2021, 10:48:07 AM »
Can I ask what the quality is like with Redoubt? I had a collection of their Trojan Wars figures many years ago and have recently thought of buying them again. Given the age of the range plus the transfer to Andy Grubb I was a little worried that the moulds may no longer be first-class.

On the whole they were very good.  A couple of small mould lines to clean up but almost no flash and none of the mismatched mould faces that I have had in the past, especially with some of the FIW ranges.  The only issue I had was a couple of the swords were quite short, as if they had been cut off about 2/3 length. Can't tell if this was a moulding or a sculpting issue.

Having now seen them in the flesh against the Foundry, Newline and BTD figures I think they are excellent - better than Newline and BTD and almost on a par with Foundry, with some poses much better such as the spearmen and of course Redoubt have a much bigger range.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »
Hu Rhu, thanks. How do Foundry, Newline and Redoubt match scale-wise? From memory Redoubt are quite large but I may be imagining it!

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2021, 01:52:37 PM »
Redoubt and Foundry match almost perfectly. BTD are the same height but thinner and Newline are slightly smaller than the other three. Foundry and Redoubt could be based together the others not so in my opinion.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2021, 02:16:30 PM »
Hu Rhu, many thanks. Do you also have a view on the Eureka range. They seem to have some interesting and complementary models.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2021, 04:23:46 PM »
Don't have any Eureka but I'm told they match with Foundry.  There are some threads on the Ancients board that might help.