Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686454
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Redoubt miniatures still trading ?  (Read 7224 times)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Redoubt miniatures still trading ?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 11:40:06 AM »
I have had two orders from Redoubt since the lockdown began.  The last one came in only two days. I think his early problems fulfilling mail orders are all over now, we can order with confidence. 
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 02:52:34 PM »
I have not had such luck, 4 months no reply.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 06:53:35 PM »
I have not had such luck, 4 months no reply.

Have you tried texting or phoning the number on the website, Painter Jim?

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 12:32:49 AM »
Have you tried texting or phoning the number on the website, Painter Jim?

I have only corresponded with the email address that I obtained with the purchase receipt.
I will try a text.

Offline armybrat84

• Student
  • Historian, Archivist, and Wargamer
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 12:47:48 AM »
I have only corresponded with the email address that I obtained with the purchase receipt.
I will try a text.

I'll be curious as to your experience, as I'd certainly text if not for the international texting issues.

Offline GamesPoet

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 02:51:49 AM »
Interesting.  So some get the orders in 2 days, others not in 4 months?  And the comment about not responding to emails, that doesn't seem good.  With that lack of consistency in order times and fulfillment, guess ordering from over seas isn't a wise thing to do, since phone and texting for follow up communication isn't possible from this end.

Offline armybrat84

• Student
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 03:09:17 AM »
Interesting.  So some get the orders in 2 days, others not in 4 months?  And the comment about not responding to emails, that doesn't seem good.  With that lack of consistency in order times and fulfillment, guess ordering from over seas isn't a wise thing to do, since phone and texting for follow up communication isn't possible from this end.

It has certainly made me hesitant, but I will say that this is the first issue I have had personally when ordering from the UK. I've ordered a few times from Warlord, once from Sarissa, and also from 4Ground and while it does take a little longer to ship, I have received the packages within reason. In fact, a friend of mine did a group order with several of us through Sarissa and they forgot one of the kits I had wanted. My buddy emailed them and they practically overnighted it to North Dakota, as it arrived about two days after he emailed them, so they have outstanding customer service.

Offline GamesPoet

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2020, 03:25:36 AM »
I've had success from England and Europe.  My comment was singular towards what is being given for current info in this thread regarding Redoubt.

Offline armybrat84

• Student
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 02:19:38 AM »
I've had success from England and Europe.  My comment was singular towards what is being given for current info in this thread regarding Redoubt.

Oh certainly.

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2020, 04:41:44 AM »
My order was placed on Jan 14 and I also can not text him from the states, I also took into account our current situation. I had visited the site seeing his post about being up & running and thought a friendly inquiry on if the order had possibly shipped, but received  no response

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 12:39:22 AM »
Email sent again with no response, I am not looking for a refund but just an order ACW naval gun boat crew and gun for my Sarrisa Precision CSS Merimack that I planed on fitting the crew and gun before ordering another five crews and guns.
This stinks ???

Offline armybrat84

• Student
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 01:01:38 AM »
Painter Jim, I feel for you man. I'm at a loss as to what to do as well, since calling or texting Andy isn't an option, as I'm in North Dakota myself.

I wonder if any of the folks on here who live near him might be able to help us out by contacting him to tell him he has customers in the States who need answers on our orders. I'm close to starting a dispute with PayPal just to try and get closure. I'd rather get the minis I ordered, but if I'm not going to, I want the amount of the unfulfilled portion refunded.

On a lighter note, I ordered the river gunboat kit from Sarissa for the ACW, as I thought it looked awesome.

Here's hoping we both get resolutions to our situations.

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2020, 01:28:30 PM »
Update no order and no response, five months.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 01:31:34 PM by Painter Jim »

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2020, 03:29:03 AM »
I finalized the claim today after no response again from grumpy tank on pay pal resolution center.

Offline armybrat84

• Student
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2020, 03:44:58 AM »
I finalized the claim today after no response again from grumpy tank on pay pal resolution center.

I will be curious to know how this works for you, as I don't have a PayPal account, so I'm not sure how I can resolve it, despite using them to check out as a guest. Plus, I believe the window has passed on me being able to file a dispute. Anyone with advice on this, I would love to hear what options I may still have.