Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:05:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689479
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Redoubt miniatures still trading ?  (Read 7306 times)

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Redoubt miniatures still trading ?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2020, 06:25:22 AM »
Have you spoken to the bank that issued the card you used for the transaction? Here the U.K., you can request a charge back from them to try and get your money bank. Normally, it’s within 120 days, but I think exceptions can be made.

Offline armybrat84

• Student
  • Historian, Archivist, and Wargamer
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
Have you spoken to the bank that issued the card you used for the transaction? Here the U.K., you can request a charge back from them to try and get your money bank. Normally, it’s within 120 days, but I think exceptions can be made.

I haven't, as I hoped this would not come to this. Plus, the bigger problem with that is he sent part of the order, so doing a charge back would probably prove problematic.

I feel like I will have to eat this and learn an unfortunate lesson. Fortunately, having dealt with other companies in the UK has not completely soured me to doing business across the pond, but I just hope folks over there know what he's put a few of us in the States through and his reputation will be reflected in that.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2020, 08:46:11 AM »
I haven't, as I hoped this would not come to this. Plus, the bigger problem with that is he sent part of the order, so doing a charge back would probably prove problematic.

I feel like I will have to eat this and learn an unfortunate lesson. Fortunately, having dealt with other companies in the UK has not completely soured me to doing business across the pond, but I just hope folks over there know what he's put a few of us in the States through and his reputation will be reflected in that.

I'm sorry to hear about this armybrat84.

Can I ask, are UK customers getting their orders delivered too or is it just a US problem?

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2020, 03:41:17 PM »
North America seems to be a problem for Andy Grubb, I have a friend here in Canada who buys a lot of his Britannia range.

Orders are placed, nothing happens, emails sent, threaten to cancel the order and then the order will turn up but rarely complete or as ordered. Then it is a major challenge to get the order completed.

Grubby/Redoubt/Britannia have a lot of nice stuff but to me the hassle is not worth it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 03:42:56 PM by Mindenbrush »
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2020, 04:50:17 PM »
North America seems to be a problem for Andy Grubb, I have a friend here in Canada who buys a lot of his Britannia range.

Orders are placed, nothing happens, emails sent, threaten to cancel the order and then the order will turn up but rarely complete or as ordered. Then it is a major challenge to get the order completed.

Grubby/Redoubt/Britannia have a lot of nice stuff but to me the hassle is not worth it.

Of dear...... I was about to put an order in for the Paddle Steamer but at £100 I'm not going to take the risk of it not getting to me :(

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2020, 04:03:11 AM »

Visa has accepted a partial refund request from me in the past.  Might be worth a call.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2020, 03:56:56 PM »
Of dear...... I was about to put an order in for the Paddle Steamer but at £100 I'm not going to take the risk of it not getting to me :(
As you are in the UK you should be fine.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2020, 04:04:38 PM »
As you are in the UK you should be fine.

Thanks. I hauled an email off to Redoubt yesterday asking if the model was still in stock. I haven't heard anything back as of yet.

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2020, 09:24:53 PM »
Update on my order
Never a response to order through personal correspondence and ultimately forced to resolve through pay pal.
I almost missed the deadline on filing a claim do to my patience in the matter, so do not wait to long on your decision, my purchase date was 1/14/20
I sure miss the original owners of what used to be an outstanding company to deal with, the figures are fabulous.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2020, 09:07:39 AM »
I sure miss the original owners of what used to be an outstanding company to deal with, the figures are fabulous.

Given that the company has been consistent in the past with orders and given the current climate due to Covid 19 I would be prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt but it does seem alike a very excessive period of time to wait for an order in any part of the world. I think you have done the right things in making the claim.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2020, 03:26:06 PM »
Never a response to order through personal correspondence and ultimately forced to resolve through pay pal.
I did the same, filing a claim earlier this week. :-I

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2020, 04:16:42 PM »
I received notice from Paypal that I will be getting a refund within the next 5 days. Shame... as I would rather have had the minis. :(

Offline armybrat84

• Student
  • Historian, Archivist, and Wargamer
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2020, 05:19:22 PM »
Did PayPal happen to say if they'd heard from Andy at all?

Glad you're getting a refund.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2020, 07:04:14 PM »
Did PayPal happen to say if they'd heard from Andy at all?

Glad you're getting a refund.
It doesn't look like it. The closest they get to that info is the case timeline which in my case looked like this:
Case history
AUG 1 2020
Resolved
PayPal

Email sent to the seller
PayPal

Email sent to buyer
PayPal

JULY 29 2020
Email sent to the seller
PayPal

JUL 25 2020
Email sent to the seller
PayPal

JUL 22 2020
Waiting for the seller's response
PayPal

Email sent to the seller
PayPal

Under review
PayPal

Email sent to buyer
PayPal

Email sent to the seller
PayPal

Email sent to buyer
PayPal

Under review
PayPal

Case Escalated to PayPal
You

So it looks like they emailed him on the 22nd, the 25th and the 29th with no response.

Offline Go player1

• Bookworm
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2020, 04:44:11 PM »
I live in North America and placed an order just as COVID was starting to affect shipping.  The order arrived promptly.  Order included Redoubt and Britannia figures.