Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:43:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690814
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: D1 does Star Trek - Type 5 Shuttle - 12/12 - warp nacelles roughed out  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Maddoc

• Librarian
Re: D1 does Star Trek - Type 5 Shuttle - 12/12 - warp nacelles roughed out
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 01:34:09 PM »
Brilliant looking shuttle so far!!

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 03:05:02 AM »
This project is one of my favorite things on the whole internet right now. Makes me want to grab some plasticard and make a thing. I don't know what, but I really want to make a thing.

Speaking of cements that are game changers, have you checked out Tamiya Extra Thin Cement? Sounds much like Plastic Weld, but the thin quality works like magic.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »
Thanks guys; much appreciated :)

@ Billchuck: I've gone ahead and ordered a small batch of the stuff to play with and see if it fits the bill. I can collect it at the parcel center this afternoon, so I'll have a go at it this weekend...

@ Mischka: Go ahead and do it. I must admit it's some of the most satisfying hobby time I've had in a long time! Also; I've watched a lot of great Youtube videos lately of people doing plasticard scratchbuilds, and there are some absolutely bonkers projects out there, believe me...

One of the gobsmacking projects I'm following right now is a guy scratch-building a mech(a) completely from plasticard, -rod and -strip. His accuracy and precision is just insane and certainly something to aspire to. he won't be needing any filler in that project, believe me!  :o  And some of the tools he uses, I'll be getting myself for sure.

But he actually uses the Tamyia glue you mentioned. Also, the artist formerly known as Jimbibbly, aka OSHIROmodels, mentioned in one of his threads on the LAF that he uses a similar glue, so those combined lead me on the search for just such a product.

I might well try to get my hands on the Tamyia Extra Thin Cement at some point too, even if just to compare it to the other glues I've accumulated over time ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 08:32:36 AM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 10:29:56 PM »
sweet stuff. can't wait to see it finished.

Might come around for some pointers if I ever feel ambitious with plasticard.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2019, 06:42:46 PM »
Thanks for that video link. Now I won’t get anything useful done this weekend.  :?  lol