Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:11:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Edinburgh Miniature Company sci-fi stuff  (Read 2714 times)

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
    • Edinburgh Miniature Company
(COMMERCIAL) Edinburgh Miniature Company sci-fi stuff
« on: December 04, 2019, 08:12:48 AM »
I've been running for 3 months now and it occured to me to start a thread here to get some feedback and comments on my sci-fi ranges.

https://www.edinburghminiaturecompany.com

In addition to my Greek Mythology stuff I've got two projects on the go which I'll showcase here:

The Tox Trooper range is the dark occult military for a dieselpunk styled setting. They're heroically styled so they blend in with WH40k miniatures. I've not released the 'good guys' yet, I'll finish the Tox Troopers first. There's not much dieselpunk evident yet but it's coming down the pipeline.

Second project is Rebellion Protocol, smaller proportions (not heroic) and is going for a Dune/Riddick/District 9 style of grit.

Everything has been kind of 'safe and familiar' for now as I start out, but but I've got lots of unique stuff in the background waiting in the queue for mould making.

Would like to hear peoples opinions on the stuff. Cheers!

Rebellion Protocol- not a lot has made it into production yet, the Tox Troopers are proving more popular for now.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Edinburgh Miniature Company sci-fi stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »
Wow; totally under the radar, but those troopers are awesome! 8)

I'm now seriously contemplating getting a squad or two as cultists to accompany my Death Guard squad(s). And I see that this is not unexpected, seeing how you displayed them next to a Cadian IG trooper and Nurgle Renegade Space Marine ;)

The other guys, with the fancy red hats are really cool too, and I can totally see them as palatial guards for a planetary governor or something along those lines.

You have a wonderful range growing there; please keep it up!
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 03:58:03 PM »
Love em all!!!

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 04:05:47 PM »
Thanks!

Someone on Facebook mention using the Tox Troopers as house Harkonnen troopers which was quite inspired!

Offline The-closet-gamer

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »
Awesome. I'll definitely be putting an order in the new year. I'd do it now, but with Christmas around the corner I've already spent to much. It's what we need in the hobby is companies like this that are going to give GW a run for their money
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum. No wait I've just found another pack in my back pocket. Mmm tropical fruit bubblicious.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 07:03:59 PM »
Miniatures of the North as previously carried by Anvil Industries?

I have been tempted by the tox troopers for some time. I shall be sure to keep an eye on developments, they look to be very nice miniatures.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline RAD

• Librarian
  • "If it doesn't hurt, it doesn't count"The Redeemer
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 08:34:38 PM »
Wonderful!

I wondered if the tox troopers would available separately at some point: i only paint for skirmish and will not get an entire platoon.

Thanx

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 09:36:12 PM »
I'm going to give you my honest opinion...If I'd seen these a couple of months ago, some of them would have appeared in one of my  LPL teams   :)

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 01:21:42 AM »
Looking great.

Are there any plans for the Techno Communion to be released in the heroic scale alongside the Tox Troopers?

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 01:26:23 AM »
 :o  I'll keep those in mind, should my quest for the GW Dark Vengeance cultists fail, maybe even add them to those. I reckon they would also work great for Khorne and other traitor guard.  :D

Cool stuff!
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »
Very cool minis.

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »
Thanks all.

Yes I used to licence production of some of my stuff to Anvil industries, must have been a good 8 or 9 years. I recently took a little career break and decided to do this full time... time will tell how long I can keep going!

The Tox Troopers at Anvil were a smaller scale, in line with the Rebellion Protocol stuff (desert rebels). These new heroic ones are updates on the design.

I'm undecided if I'll do the Techno Communion in heroic scale, I think I can use the Tox Trooper dollies I have as a base so we'll see!

Currently I'm sculpting several new Tox Trooper characters - commanders, comms, medic, etc. and also a squad of scouts (lighter armour and shorter coats). I've got a ton of new designs actually, including a chunky gyrobike that I'll need to get done in resin.

The only challenge is getting slots with mould makers. My main supplier is taking Jan-Feb off so I'm likely to run out of stock. On the plus side I'll have more time to sculpt!

Longer term I'll set up my own casting facilities but for now I'm really just a tiny little start up.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 03:03:13 PM »
Well good luck!

Judging by the reactions, your new venture might well become a succes :)

I know I will be along your webstore sometime soon for those Tox Troopers... ;)

Online H.G. Walls

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Assistant
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 03:05:29 PM »
I purchased a small batch of the Tox Troopers, a month or so ago, and I must say that they are really nice models and quite easy to assemble. Haven't had time to paint them up yet but I keep searching for that "just right" color scheme to use on my team. Wonderful minis and I see that you are coming out with even more tempting items. Keep up the good work!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 03:18:43 PM »
I am also a skirmish player. Any chances of per-figure orders (as previously asked but not answered)?