Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:08:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686436
  • Total Topics: 118099
  • Online Today: 689
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rangers of Shadow Deep - Deluxe Version  (Read 5898 times)

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
Re: Rangers of Shadow Deep - Deluxe Version
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »
Ordered and received my PDF.  While I agree that overall the new layout is great a lot of info is better presented, seems like publishing is still WAY behind the times.   We finally have a hyper linked table of contents, however, then on page 93 we have "The Gatehouse (Location A), see Note 135."  -- how about either a pop-up of the note or a hyperlink to note?  I feel like this is not to much to ask.  The engineering company I work for has far more elaborate documentation for the mechanical devices it sells and is able to embed everything from the proper hyperlinks to videos and diagrams on how parts should be exchanged.  The same feature that produced the table of contents could be used for making some hyperlinks.   This is why I hate PDF docs.  They are not useable and I would argue maybe it is done on purpose to force you to purchase the physical book where at least you can put post it notes and other book marks.

I appreciate the PDF, it is just a long standing complaint that the game publishing world does not make full use of the available technology.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2020, 09:07:57 PM »
Arrived home to find the hardcopy had been delivered. I had ordered direct from Modiphius, so hopefully those who ordered from Northstar won't be far behind.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 02:50:28 PM »
Our books arrive Monday. We'll keep the free Unique Ranger offer open till Sunday night, then it's switched off. And you get a free PDF of course.

http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=14443

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2020, 01:41:23 AM »
Great news!

Offline critsmash

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2020, 01:53:26 PM »
I spotted something that might be a significant rule change or a miss...page 47 (pdf), ranger level bonus table. It is no longer possible to learn spells when you level. Before it said your ranger gains a heroic ability or spell. Now it is only heroic ability, but you can swap a spell you already know. It is not that I don’t like the change, but it is a pretty big one when it comes to character building. If it is correct, players should be aware that if you don’t choose at least one spell at creation, your ranger can never be a spellcaster. I could not find it in the free rules upgrade pdf Joe released, but if I missed it, sorry!

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 03:43:44 PM »
Do you use Facebook/are you in one of the Rangers groups? If so, you can always ask Joe there.
If not, I can ask for you.
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline markdienekes

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 08:36:16 AM »
Oh damn, missed out the free ranger by a few days, think I ordered it on monday or Tuesday. Oh well. :)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 09:39:30 AM »
Bet you didn't. Have you had a PDF email from us?

Offline critsmash

• Bookworm
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2020, 09:49:01 AM »
Do you use Facebook/are you in one of the Rangers groups? If so, you can always ask Joe there.
If not, I can ask for you.

I’m on it, but do not like to use it for any posting/communication, strictly creeping. Thanks for offering, Darkson! It would be nice to have an answer for this!

Offline markdienekes

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2020, 05:13:18 PM »
Bet you didn't. Have you had a PDF email from us?

I came back home today to be greeted by the lovely book and a free ranger! Yay! Cheers :)

Offline Kublaibenzine

• Student
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2020, 07:25:30 AM »
Hi, my copy and the extra items I ordered arrived yesterday. It's really a quality book! Looking forwards to more figures for the game 😊

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2020, 09:44:59 AM »
Joe has said it's a mistake - any time you can take an Heroic Ability you can take a spell instead.
https://facebook.com/groups/199819667485240?view=permalink&id=620744728726063 (guess you'll need to be in the group to see the post).
I'll quote his reply here later when on pc.

Joe said: "Unfortunately, that's just a mistake. It should be Heroic Ability or Spell."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:15:37 AM by Darkson71 »

Offline critsmash

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2020, 09:56:09 AM »
Joe has said it's a mistake - any time you can take an Heroic Ability you can take a spell instead.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/199819667485240?view=permalink&id=620744728726063 (guess you'll need to be in the group to see the post).
I'll quote his reply here later when on pc.
Thanks Darkson!