Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:44:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690579
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 771
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Any Good/Cheap 25mm - 32mm Sci-Fi Chairs?  (Read 764 times)

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Any Good/Cheap 25mm - 32mm Sci-Fi Chairs?
« on: December 06, 2019, 01:28:56 AM »
I'm working on a few Sci-Fi vessels, for 15mm - 32mm figs, and have been able to make some decent looking, 15mm/18mm chairs and tactical stations, but now I need some for the larger end of the spectrum, e.g. for my 25mm - 32mm figs.

So, any ideas for chairs, desks/workstations, tables, etc., etc., that look really great, at least plausibly Sci-Fi-ish, and/or Modern, and that are fairly inexpensive?

I suspect the latter is where that may be where the rub comes, since finding affordable/cheap stuff may be a bit challenging.  I imagine I may need to just make some myself, from scratch, ultimately, but thought I'd ask about the commercial stuff too, while I'm at it.

Anyone got some good, easy to assemble/produce, reasonably robust/sturdy spacecraft/starship designs they've come up with?

I'm interested in ideas and materials to use for this.

Here are some ideas of various bridge, and/or other hull sections I'm considering using.

I did make a tactical view-screen from scratch, and it turned out pretty well.  I need to weight it down though, since the tall, oval section keeps making it tip over all too easily.

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Re: Any Good/Cheap 25mm - 32mm Sci-Fi Chairs?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 01:34:23 AM »
The oval "bridge" shown above is a Taco Bell Nachos container.

Here's another from McDonalds.  It's more rectangular, and is from their Big Breakfast tray.

Both would make decent bridges, and the latter, with a clear lid, can also be used as a hydroponics bay too, if desired.

Both are shown with a couple of Clix, 32mm Star Trek figures.

Note, for bigger hull sections, these can also be used with 15mm/18mm Sci-Fi figs too, and everything in between that and 32mm sized figures.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:36:37 AM by Mako »

Offline Captain yapudo

• Scientist
    • STRATEJEUX
Re: Any Good/Cheap 25mm - 32mm Sci-Fi Chairs?
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 03:25:53 AM »
Hi Guy’s

to make my chairs on board my imperial destroyer « THE ALLINCRATCH »I used the keys of a computer keyboard for the seat and an ice stick or micro-perforated metal structural pieces used for false ceilings of shopping centers  for the folder.

to make my ship stable, for future trips in convention, I used only materials of cheap and easy to find recovery:

The base of the tray is made with rigid plates frequently used to insulate houses.

The walls, partitions with strong cardboard calendar and a print on sheets of paper files of the black star (that my spies reported to me .... lol),

Artillery batteries and engine nozzles with yoghurt jars or chocolate Christmas wrappers of the brand KINDER,

The exterior walls and pipes of the engine room with pieces of clusters of models or figurines,

Some tables, consoles, control desks with the big keys of a computer keyboard,
or prints on thin cardboard sheets of pdf files,

Some corks of paint cans of models, bottle caps of orange juice or soda,

For both elevators, small rolls of "SMARTIES" candy wrapping or rolls of rigid cardboard recovered once the whole of the WC paper rolled out (not to say used .... lol),

Turrets of heavy laser cannons with yogurt pots and wooden skewers or ball pen pieces,

The lights are purchased from the Christmas garlands section ...
it's the season !

and lots of other cheap tips.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 03:59:32 AM by Captain yapudo »
If you deploy your right army on the left,
and the left on your right,
your enemy can't know your intention....
"Confusionnus"