Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:44:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 'The Robber Knights - PART TROIS, a (long) Medieval battle report. Many pics P11  (Read 34122 times)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Are these armor rules in the base "Fistful of Lead"? I can't find them in GH or WW..?

Core rules. Page 36 I think.
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
Correct. Core rules, page 36. Core is what everything is based on. WW is just a supplement. And Nick did do something right!

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
For those of us not in the know and don't want waffle about FfoL, I presume WW is Wild west and GH is Galactic Heroes?
Is there a lot of modification needed to make the rules medieval (or fantasy, even) or can one get by with the rules as written?

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
Sorry, forgot to say that the game looked fabulous.

Online has.been

• Galactic Brain
I find the rules very easy to adapt to whatever I want.
In our recent GA game (see 'Fight at Yb-Gur) Vodkafan's description of his crew
led me to invent a 'trait' (characteristic) for his curious engineer. If he came within
2" of something he might/could dismantle he had to test. 4+ & it wasn't interesting
enough so he walked past, 1,2 or 3 & he stopped to 'tinker', not stopping till Vodkafan
managed to score 4+.
The important thing was 'Fun was had'.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
For those of us not in the know and don't want waffle about FfoL, I presume WW is Wild west and GH is Galactic Heroes?
Is there a lot of modification needed to make the rules medieval (or fantasy, even) or can one get by with the rules as written?

WW is Wasteland Warriors - Post Apocalypse. GH is Galactic Heroes. The original Wild West set are Fistful of Lead which was the original set of rules.

The core rules set provides everything you need to play the game in any setting. We did not modify the rules for our medieval game. It was played straight out of the rule book.

The various supplements available add period or genre specific fluff. For example the Tales of Horror supplement introduces rules for Vampires and creatures. Wasteland Warriors introduces mutants etc.

The core set provides a stand alone game. You would need a set of playing cards to play. You can use a standard deck of cards. The FFoL cards that are available  are themed to the supplements, but can be used in any setting as the cards function the same in any game.

Hope that helps. It is a great set of rules and provides an excellent framework to play fun games. The emphasis is on fun.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
Are there campaign rules for FFoL? If so, in which book(s)?

To keep it a bit relevant to the topic I imagine that some of the knights migth develop either a deep hatred or fear of commoners named Bob...

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
Yep, there's campaign rules for FFofL so your little Heroes can (hopefully!) march on. But in my 'umble opinion FFofL works best if you can get your head around the KISS Principle of wargaming...
don't bugger about getting yer anorak on, build a gang of goodies, a gang of baddies, mix in a dash of scenario of favourite action film then get stuck in!

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
Malamute, Harry and Has.been said it best. It is not a power gaming ruleset. It is great for getting out all those old minis you have lying around and putting together a small for e without alot of monetary commitment. We use them for everything. Spaceship battle this Thursday. The full Medieval rules will come out next year most likely. But the Core book is available as a pdf if you don’t want to soend a lot if money on our recommendation and both the Fistful of Lead and Wiley Games Facebook pages as well as the Wiley Games site have all kinds of examples of games. PM with wuestions so we can get back admiring Richard’s toys.

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
Yes, more pictures and games, please!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures

A rematch is on the cards after Christmas  ;D

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain

Between Crimbo and New Year, Thorkel the Tall and his hairy lads will be going a-viking. There'll be a lot of angry Saxons kicking about trying to thwart their 'get rich quick' scheme.

:)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Malamute, Harry and Has.been said it best. It is not a power gaming ruleset. It is great for getting out all those old minis you have lying around and putting together a small for e without alot of monetary commitment. We use them for everything. Spaceship battle this Thursday. The full Medieval rules will come out next year most likely. But the Core book is available as a pdf if you don’t want to soend a lot if money on our recommendation and both the Fistful of Lead and Wiley Games Facebook pages as well as the Wiley Games site have all kinds of examples of games. PM with wuestions so we can get back admiring Richard’s toys.
Fully agree and one Addition: It is a good set to start with unfamiliar gamers. Easy to learn, not the masses of figures and every era could be played.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Great looking game!  Interesting choice of rules too... I've often thought about adapting Desperado (now has a spiritual successor from Knuckleduster, Gunfighter's Ball) for cross-period stuff but I think it would take some not insignificant tweaking w/r/t combat.

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
Late to this thread but an absolutely stunning table and miniatures.
Question, would you mind sharing some pictures of how you store such a table?