Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Five Leagues from Mordheim (Update 12/11 w Pics)  (Read 1520 times)

Offline clandaith

• Bookworm
    • The Fat Old Gamer
Five Leagues from Mordheim (Update 12/11 w Pics)
« on: December 10, 2019, 03:04:59 AM »
I'm going to be starting a solo Mordheim campaign using the "Five Leagues from the Borderlands" ruleset.  I need to do the following:

* Create stats for Skaven and Orcs.

* Create some missions/scenarios specific to Mordheim

* Create more 15mm fantasy terrain

I'm excited for this campaign.  Mordheim has always been my favorite fantasy setting.  In fact, Mordheim is what got me back into miniature gaming after a long hiatus.  I've also come to love the "Five Parsecs/Leagues" rule system.  It's super easy, fast, and fun.

So, wish me luck.  I'll more when I have the time.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:53:18 PM by clandaith »

Offline President Buer

• Assistant
Re: Five Leagues from Mordheim
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 10:39:48 AM »
Five Leagues really is a fantastic little game, and really versatile if you modify the tables to different settings. By the way, Skaven already have stats in the second edition on page 123, as do goblin-men which could proxy for greenskins depending on which flavour you are going for.

Good luck! And check out the Nordic Weasel Discord channel, they will probably be able to help if you need any help Mordheim-ing your game.

Offline clandaith

• Bookworm
    • The Fat Old Gamer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »
By the way, Skaven already have stats in the second edition on page 123, as do goblin-men which could proxy for greenskins depending on which flavour you are going for.

Sweet!  I just picked up the 2nd ed.  It has a lot of good stuff in it!  Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 01:24:20 PM »
Do keep us updated; this sounds really interesting.

Offline clandaith

• Bookworm
    • The Fat Old Gamer
Re: Five Leagues from Mordheim (Update 12/11 w Pics)
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 03:52:25 PM »
Here is the terrain and adventurers so far.

I have a lot of stone buildings printed out.  I'm working on a tower.  I need to print up some wooden buildings.

The figures are being painted up.  I have orcs and skeletons done.  I'm still working on my dwarfs.  Skaven are on their way.  I also still have a lot of other guys to paint up.  There are human adventurers, minotaurs, and chaos warriors left to paint.

I've picked up the 2nd ed of Five Leagues.  I'll be looking at that and coming up with some Mordheim specific scenarios.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
I love the 5P system, and I'm eagerly awaiting all of the additions to 5 Klicks. My only hesitation for using 5L for my fantasy gaming is that I want all of the traditional spells/mage play and it is my understanding that spell casting is very limited. More like a potion or scroll.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 11:49:36 PM »
That's a tidy array of stuff!