Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:53:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Early WW1 and Balkan War Serbian range in 28mm  (Read 1700 times)

Online Firescale Whack

• Scientist
Early WW1 and Balkan War Serbian range in 28mm
« on: December 10, 2019, 07:18:55 AM »
Eureka miniatures are producing a range of Serbs for use at the start of the first world war and the Balkan wars. I was lucky enough to have the chance to paint up a couple of test minis and take a few photo's of the MG and Field Gun also coming out.

Apologies for the quality of the photo's as they are just from my phone. The sculpts are very nicely proportioned and have lots of nice little details such as a mix of peasant shoes and boots.

Offline Hang Tuah

• Scientist
Re: Early WW1 and Balkan War Serbian range in 28mm
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 07:33:35 AM »
Great choice of subject, though I can't help but think that the sculpts look a bit stiff. In fact, they are very reminiscent of Irregular Miniatures. Nice painting, by the way.

Online Firescale Whack

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »
Few more pictures from the Eureka facebook.

Great choice of subject, though I can't help but think that the sculpts look a bit stiff. In fact, they are very reminiscent of Irregular Miniatures. Nice painting, by the way.

I agree the poses are not the most dynamic but they do look quite natural and the proportions are realistic. My photo's don't do them justice I'm afraid. :)

Offline waterproof

• Librarian
  • would like to paint more
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 08:01:28 AM »
Nice painting but looks more like 20mm. It's definitely great that Serbia's on board now.

Offline arktos

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 08:53:09 AM »
Do we know how big they are ?
Eureka has always thin minis so could they be used with 'Great War' miniatures ?

Online Firescale Whack

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 07:52:35 PM »
Do we know how big they are ?
Eureka has always thin minis so could they be used with 'Great War' miniatures ?

They are true 28mm, I will try and get a comparison shot done with a few other I have in my collection. I don't have any Great War figures but they scale up well with  the Tsuba Miniatures and Brigade Games Paul Hicks sculpts that I have.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 04:06:35 PM »
Brilliant.  Filling a long-neglected hole in the list of combatants.  And gives Brigade Games' Austro-Hungarians another foe to fight (besides the Italians and Russians).