Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "At Close Quarters" SnapShot Rules Variant?  (Read 491 times)

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
"At Close Quarters" SnapShot Rules Variant?
« on: December 11, 2019, 04:15:54 AM »
I just ran across the name of this title yesterday, and hadn't heard of it before.

Anyone know anything about the "At Close Quarters" rules put out by BITS (apparently a SnapShot spinoff, or variant) for shipboard skirmish combat, in the Traveller universe (and other universes no doubt)  - shipboard, spacecraft combat, that is?

I'm especially interested to know if it has a Quick Reference Sheet (QRS) to aid game play.

Apparently, it's available as a PDF from DriveThruRPG/Wargame Vault, along with a number of other Traveller-esque supplements too, for $5.00.

BITS = the British Isles Traveller Support

Other than the question on the QRS, I'm interested in overall impressions of the rules too, e.g playability, etc., etc..

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
Re: "At Close Quarters" SnapShot Rules Variant?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 05:11:46 AM »
I have had both editions of these rules and can assure you that they work fine and give a decent game. They are very old school ring bound single sided with no illustrations, this does age them and let them down a little.
I am a huge fan of Chris Peers as his rule sets always seem to hit the mark.... I had no idea that they were being used for Traveller (wow I played that SO long ago!). Firing is on a D20 and suppression plays a part in the game with different classes of troops as one would expect. Oh and no Quick reference sheet which would really have helped them. I now use Spectre or Black Ops which would probably do the same thing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 05:15:43 AM by ulverston »