Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The CoViD19 Corona Virus situation - upcoming show changes and/or cancellations  (Read 42788 times)

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
You can use them next year.

Does that include traders fees being transferred to 2021, I wonder?

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Just to confirm what you probably guessed, Partizan have pre-empted their approach in the second post and definitely cancelled.  In effect the whole show is transferred from May to the proposed date in October (although obviously this depends on circumstances).
Stay safe.
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline beren

• Librarian
    • Apocalypse miniatures
Event going ahead.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:56:34 PM by beren »

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
I've been expecting it for a few weeks, but Carronade in Falkirk this year has been officially cancelled because of covid-19 :(

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
I've been expecting it for a few weeks, but Carronade in Falkirk this year has been officially cancelled because of covid-19 :(

I was supposed to be putting on a game, but even had it been on, I wouldn't have attended under the current circumstances.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
CRISIS has been cancelled....

"We have waited as long as possible, but we have had to make the decision to cancel Crisis 2020. With a possible second and third wave on their way and the closing of the borders and a lot more uncertainties, we no longer could defend spending a lot of money to prepare for a show, that might not happen. Believe me when I say, this is with great regret. as it would have been the next big show, after Salute being cancelled and I know everybody was hoping that things would be back to normal by november. It may/may not be the case. A show like Crisis is something that needs to be prepared by us, but also by those who wish to attend or trade. Hotels may not be open yet, will there be enough space , will we be able to travel etc. We are thinking about you, the loyal (or maybe new) friend who likes to come to Crisis from all over Europe if not the world. We don't want to be responsible of any of you catching anything that could get you ill or worse. The same is of course true for our dedicated clubmembers who work their behinds off to get this show working. We also have to think about them. We try again next Year on november 6th 2021. Keep safe.  Johan President of the Tin Soldiers of Antwerp"

Offline Johan

• Scientist
    • http://www.tsoa.be
Thanks Dags (you beat me to it)

so sorry to have to do this but we cannot garantee anything.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
No link yet, but Mantic Open Day is going virtual this year. They're going to post more details next week, but the event itself will be on May 9.

That's right! Now we can hang out with fans around the globe and - even better - it'll be free to attend. We'll be trying to recreate the feel of an Open Day as much as possible and currently the plans involve:

live streams of games
    the infamous Ronnie Q&A
    Needy Cat Games' seminar on Games Design 101
    live sculpting session
    special website offers

Plus we'll be unveiling plenty of new models, like this work in progress Asterian Spectra...

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
UK Games Expo August Cancelled.

Watch the Interview with the Directors and On Table Top here:

https://www.beastsofwar.com/events/uk-games-expo-2020-cancelled/

Read the cancellation documentation here:

https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/documents/59/UKGE_2020_August_Cancellation_GwHF4T4.pdf

UK Games Expo 2020 was originally planned for May 2020. In March we announced that due to the Corona Pandemic we were postponing until August 2020.Since making that announcement we have been monitoring the situation with regard to the current Covid-19 virus pandemic.

After long deliberation and with great reluctance, the directors of UK Games Expo have decided to cancel the 2020 UK Games Expo. This decision has been made after considering national advice and government directives with regard to the Covid-19 virus pandemic, the expected closure of large venues and the probable duration of the infection. We reached our conclusions following consultation with sponsors, show partners and our venues.

We consider that a cancellation at this stage maximises the chances to both protect the health and well-being of all our attendees but also the financial viability of our exhibitors and the UK Games Expo itself and gives the best opportunity for attendees to recover any secondary costs. This allows us the best opportunity to hold a successful show in 2021.

We understand that this decision will impact everyone in different ways and will have a financial impact on some. We can only apologise for this and assure you that we are working with all our providers and hotels to help with these costs.

ALL VISITORS AND EXHIBITORS ARE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE A FULL REFUND OF TICKETS AND STAND FEES.

YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO ROLL FORWARD YOUR ENTRY TICKET AND STAND FEES TO 2021.

(FOR FURTHER DETAILS SEE CANCELLATION DOCUMENT BELOW).

Both of us and the rest of the team would personally like to thank those individuals who have offered advice and support in recent weeks and the wider community for your continuing support.

We are all very disappointed and saddened that we cannot bring you UKGE this year.
We would again like to thank the organisers of Tabletop Scotland who selflessly made their dates available in August 2020 for UKGE. We hope that their revised plans for Tabletop Scotland later in 2020 as well as future events meet with success.

Please make sure you read the section of the cancellation documentation that is relevant to you as it will give you the best answer to your question. The sections are: General Questions, Visitor, Exhibitor, Volunteer, Tournament Organiser, Live Event Act or Workshop/Seminar Host.

Sincerely,

Richard and Tony
UKGE Directors. 27th April 2020.

Watch the Interview with the Directors and On Table Top here https://www.beastsofwar.com/events/uk-games-expo-2020-cancelled/

Read the cancellation documentation here: https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/documents/59/UKGE_2020_August_Cancellation_GwHF4T4.pdf

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
Off the Bayou Wars facebook group:

CONVID-19 update

Hello Bayou Wars fans. The Bayou Wars Directors have been monitoring the Convid-19 situation and State guidelines and has come to the decision that in the interest of the attendees and the success of convention it will be moved to November 6th – 8th.  The site has been updated and the Pre-Registration are active for the new dates so please take advantage of the discount.

If you have taken advantage of the Pre-Registration it will roll to the new dates. If you cannot make those new dates, contact through messenger.

If you had reserved a room at the Suburban hotel, the room block has been moved to the November dates and the hotel will be contacting you as to option available.

We hope this does not greatly inconvenience anyone and hope you will join us in the fall.

If you have any other question please contact us.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Reapercon has been cancelled this year - https://reapercon.com/

However, they are doing it as a free virtual event over Sep 3 to Sep 6.

Rather than just wait until next year for the next ReaperCon, we’re going to hold our first virtual ReaperCon Live Online instead!
At this time, this virtual ReaperCon Live Online is being planned to be held this year on Labor Day Weekend, September 3-6 2020.

Will there be a Swag Bag?
YES!

Will there be a VIP Bag?
YES!

Will there be online classes?
YES!

Will I have to go anywhere to watch ReaperCon Live Online?
NO! It’s all online! Just stay at home on your phone, laptop, or computer!

Will I have to pay to watch?
NO! It’s all FREE! The only things you’ll have to pay for are optional fun things, like class kits, Swag Bags, and VIP Bags.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Continuing my role as prophet of doom ;D

Glasgow Games Gathering at the end of June has been cancelled - https://www.g3gamers.co.uk/g3%20show%20about.htm

Only its second year, which is a shame, but fingers crossed for next year

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Claymore 2020 in Edinburgh has been cancelled https://seswc.co.uk/2020/06/02/claymore-2020-cancelled/  :(

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Dear All,

It is with great sadness I have to announce that Colours 2020 will not be happening due to the restrictions placed upon us because of the Covid 19 or Coronavirus. We have tried to hold on as long as we could in the hope that by September things would have normalised, but we have reached the point where we needed to make a decision to either proceed or not. Obviously, we have to make the safety of our attendees, our traders and our club members our highest priority. Like so many events before us, this means that we find ourselves in a position where we cannot in good conscience proceed. At the time of writing this it is intended that Colours will return in September 2021 but we will communicate that at the appropriate time.

Andy Scott on behalf of Newbury and Reading Wargames Society Committee.

Offline Thunderboy

• Student
    • Thunder Terrain
Cancelled ThunderCon 19 September the Netherlands
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 09:00:55 PM »
Tabletop gamers, miniature fans & hobbyists,

I’m proud to present my first trade show, Thunder Con!
It will be held on the 19th of September in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands.

Tabletopper Danny, will be running a Bolt Action tournament and will make sure his stand is manned!
May ’40 Miniatures Sander will be there as well with a stand. And showing of some of his Kickstarter goodness!
The next trader is Van Dyck Models and Figurines, from Belgium, who will be showing you their new WW1 game they are releasing!

Also there will be a large Bolt Action mega battle you can enjoy with a Market Garden themed table.
And a mega battle of Dropfleet Commander that you can take part in! Also the Lovecraftian skirmish game Carnavale will be there on a lovely table to try out!

To make sure that everyone can maintain the 1,5 meter distance, the show will have a one direction route. Also we will split the day into a morning slot & an afternoon slot. With a lunch in between.
As to give as many people a safe way to come to the event!

Morning slot: 09.00-12.00
Lunch (entrance closed)
Afternoon slot: 13.00-17.00

Do you want to join in for the complete day? That's an option. Lunch isn't anymore unfortunately.
You will need to visit the local restaurant or eat go to your car of a bit.

Due to the corona measures here, you are required to sign up before attending, so please do!
And be prepared that a mask might also be.

Costs are as follows:
Morning: €3,-
Afternoon: €3,-

With the Covid 19 situation, you will get a full refund if due to Government measures, the event needs to be cancelled, or we choose to for your safety. With that said, I hope to see you the 19th of September 2020!

Kind regards,

Michel Goulmy

For more information
https://www.facebook.com/ThunderTerrain/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:39:24 AM by Thunderboy »
Terrain Builder open to commissions