Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:44:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Da Bid Dabid's Fantasy Minis (5-8 Malal Demon, Warriors, 1st Knight)  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Da Bid Dabid

• Assistant
After painting on and off for several years. I've recently found a groove and am getting a bit back into it (mostly really enjoying 15mm for rpgs). This thread will keep me motivated to share what I paint and maybe just give back or help serve as a tiny piece of inspiration to others. just as MANY of the amazing great threads in this community have helped me.

This is a recent group that got sealed, the wolves are for a Forbidden Lands game I'm running, the wizards and orc were test pieces that will be used as generic figures, and the bulk of these figures form the PC group for a Fate game that I am a player in.

This is the full PC group for the Fate game. The figure on the right I actually tried painting his eyes and it worked! But prolly not worth it for most 15mm figures. My favorite is the middle guy with the book.

Some older barbarians and close up of the detail on the wizard I was proud of.

I really loved the new Chaos Warrior sculpts that GW just released so I picked up a box. Here's the first of two test minis done in "classic" colors. I will do an alternate scheme next and likely choose the one I like more and finish the box. Although I usually stay away from actually playing GW games, we'll see where it goes.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:55:45 PM by Da Bid Dabid »

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
Re: Da Bid Dabid's Fantasy Minis (15mm and just starting AoS)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 11:13:39 AM »
Looking good! Where are you 15mm minis from?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 11:16:55 AM »
yes - really nice work - and the 15mm do have better proportions than many of that scale, so wonder too about the manufacturer?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 06:38:18 PM »
Really nice stuff! I love everything 15mm and you have a decent bunch.

May I ask who made the minis? I am particularly interested in the boy with a book and that barbarian with a horned helmet and two weapons.

Offline Da Bid Dabid

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 12:34:46 AM »
It is a mix of companies and figures. The four on larger bases in the Fate group shot are from Joan of Arc kickstarter, although the green ninja looking one is heavily modified with green stuff. The kid is from a pulp figure group that was once with Splintered Light but now is sold through Rebel Minis - new greenstuffed hand. The archer is a townsperson from Battle Valor, with a bow transferred from a Joan of Arc archer. Orc is Splintered Light, wizards and both barbarians are Battle Valor they have a character pack of vikingish humans called Frigians where most of these came from, wolves are Khurasan except the grey one, grey wolf is from Joan of Arc.

Mostly have US companies except for some unpainted Copplestone that will prolly be the next group of 15s to get paint slapped on. Thanks for the compliments!

Online Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 03:46:01 PM »
Hey, Da Bid! This is ‘Mr. White’ of Fortressat. Good to see you around here. Your Chaos Warrior is awesome and, yeah, they are sweet models.

I’m looking forward to following along.

Offline Da Bid Dabid

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 02:07:14 AM »
Slowed down a bit over the holidays. But did manage to finish my other test scheme for the chaos warriors. I think I'm gonna go with this alternate scheme and make a small "Malal" inspired force.

I have a group of 8 15mm PC characters for the Forbidden Lands campaign I'm running and those should be next up on the table with the other chaos warriors.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 02:16:09 AM by Da Bid Dabid »

Offline Da Bid Dabid

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 04:53:54 AM »
Sculpted a little wolf head on this guy. Very happy how it came out. Group shot incoming with his buddy PCs after they get painted up.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 11:04:33 PM »
Nice. Looking forward to the Malal warriors.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Da Bid Dabid

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 05:36:25 AM »
Finished up a group of PC (+1 NPC) for my Forbidden Lands game. I took pictures at the three stages of how I paint them, black lining, base colors, 1 layer of highlights. (Sorry for the semi blurry final pic, too tired to go back and take another.)

The next session's big bad will be this huge dire wolf. Trying to decide if I want to do anything else to him before he gets sealed. But he will operate as-is for tomorrow!

Malal 28mm troops are up next!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 05:38:29 AM by Da Bid Dabid »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Da Bid Dabid's Fantasy Minis (1-16 15mm PC group + Dire Wolf)
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 10:55:29 AM »
Wolf is fine as is - great detail on the face (more like a dire raccoon as I keep looking at it lol).

Offline Da Bid Dabid

• Assistant
Re: Da Bid Dabid's Fantasy Minis (2-5 Malal AoS army first 3 done)
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 07:05:47 AM »
I now have 1000 points of AoS to paint up and here are the first 3. Excited to get to daemon prince who matches the god the army is themed after.  ;)

I'll try for pics with nicer backgrounds once the whole unit is done up.

Offline Da Bid Dabid

• Assistant
Re: Da Bid Dabid's Fantasy Minis (5/8 - Update and 1st Knight)
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 10:54:42 PM »
I had forgotten about this post. But today I painted a chaos knight and reminded me... slowly the AoS work gets done in between other projects.

After the knights are done a little sculpting work and two more heroes to get to 1.5k points.