Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690454
  • Total Topics: 118331
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Project: Hungarians (New stuff: sorozatvetö)  (Read 6792 times)

Offline Olofeus

• Librarian
New Project: Hungarians (New stuff: sorozatvetö)
« on: December 27, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
It's almost new year, so it's time for a new project. This time it will be Hungarians to mach my sons's Soviets.
These are the first things I made. They were nice sculpts and fun to paint. They are for Bolt Action so the bit cartoony looks are just fine. :D

There will be more to come.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:30:39 PM by Olofeus »

Offline Donkeymilkman

• Bookworm
Re: New Project: Hungarians
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 11:46:33 AM »
Excellent Job! I've just started collecting 28mm wwII on the fact that warlord games have discounted their Hungarian Infantry units to half price!!!!! I'll be excited to see this project continue.
I have nothing important to say so just keep on scrolling.

Offline Olofeus

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 11:54:10 AM »
Yes they have.I got these from their Black Friday sale and ordered some more at half price. ;D

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 05:59:19 PM »
Excellent. Always like to see someone do the lesser nations of the war.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 01:40:23 AM »
Yes they have.I got these from their Black Friday sale and ordered some more at half price. ;D

lol It's always interesting to see who buys new figures during such events. (Me included!  lol)

Are you going to convert any of them?
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 05:45:30 AM »
Love 'em! We need more of the smaller nations instead of the umpteenth SS outfit.

Offline Tim Haslam

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 09:13:26 AM »
 :o
I’ve just succumbed to that deal  lol

Lovely painting, love the donkey, where is he from?
A millionaire trapped in a peasants body!

Offline Olofeus

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 09:42:55 AM »
Thanks for the complimets gents.
I'm not sure about converting them. I have thought about it.
The donkey is from Reaber Bones. Just saw and bought it from a local gaming store.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 02:31:17 PM »
Nice work.

Good luck with the new project.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »

Really nice! I have a bunch of Hungarian figures too. They are mainly Pulp Figures "not-WWI" Germans and figures converted from sets of plastic Russian in greatcoats and Japanese with German heads, weapons and equipment added. Plastic German in greatcoats and metal Hungarian figures weren't available at the time... >:(
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 06:43:06 PM »
I'd considered those Hungarians myself, but Warlord's range seems a bit limited. And Great Escape Games only do them in Summer dress. Of course the range could be just supplemented by German figures, but I'd like more models wearing those quilted outfits - without repeating poses.

Whilst the range is cheap right now, till Great Escape Games (potentially) do a winter line I'm avoiding them. ...Even with how often Warlord discount them. If I covered figures in Summer dress those two ranges, plus German figures, would be ideal though. As is putting together a Hungarian armoured force pretty simple these days (from Mad Bob, Paint and Glue Miniatures, or substituting foreign stuff).

Offline Donkeymilkman

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2019, 07:47:03 PM »
I'd considered those Hungarians myself, but Warlord's range seems a bit limited. And Great Escape Games only do them in Summer dress. Of course the range could be just supplemented by German figures, but I'd like more models wearing those quilted outfits - without repeating poses.

Whilst the range is cheap right now, till Great Escape Games (potentially) do a winter line I'm avoiding them. ...Even with how often Warlord discount them. If I covered figures in Summer dress those two ranges, plus German figures, would be ideal though. As is putting together a Hungarian armoured force pretty simple these days (from Mad Bob, Paint and Glue Miniatures, or substituting foreign stuff).

I, actually, chose to purchase the summer stuff and not the winter figures, I found the winter figures on the website reminded me too much of winter war Russians anyway, but if I had seen the figures on this thread I would have picked them up. I also thought, by doing more of a summer scene it would be nice to see Russians in summer uniform as I do think, including myself, winter campaigns are bit overdone on the eastern front and it's nice to change stuff up once and a while.  Saying that I do believe that Great Escape games last Kickstarter was Hungarian Cavalry for ww2 and I do believe they are in winter dress, which is why I haven't ordered them yet. I don't know if that helps you as you could always use dismounted calvary men to give your infantry units a bit more variation.

DMM

Offline Olofeus

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2019, 02:08:54 PM »
My plan is to mix the summer and winter uniforms together. Not all troops were lucky to get proper clothes. ::)
Here is ten more.

I've got the assault paratroopers coming my way. Meanwhile I've still got 13 more models to paint from the first set.
I'm also waiting for the support group to come from the mail.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Project: Hungarians (more pics 29.12.)
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 03:28:51 PM »
Does Warlord have enough figures to provide all the support options, or are you going to mix in German models, or any Great Escape Games pieces? How far are you going to go with this force - or is it something on the side, purely excused by how cheap Warlord were selling these for? :D

Sorry I'm discussing the manufacturers without commenting on the actual figures in the thread. Those are some neat paintjobs. Its not often you see folks giving their soldiers a bit of stubble - which fits perfectly with the setting. Those look like a bit of a sorry lot - or ah, let's say "hardened troops". ;)

Offline Olofeus

• Librarian
Re: New Project: Hungarians (more pics 29.12.)
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2019, 06:21:24 PM »
I don't know how far this project will go.  :D
Warlord doesn't make all the support optionsand I'm not completely sold with Great Escape's models.
Only time will tell.
I do love painting faces. The restof the miniature is more painfull. lol