Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2020, 11:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lost Egg's Primaris Chapter - The Battle Crows  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Ragsta

• Librarian
Re: Lost Egg's Primaris Chapter - The Battle Crows
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 07:54:36 AM »
The paint scheme and execution so far is excellent, and the use of womble helmets is beyond wonderful for me - this is exactly what I want to do but using Anvil Industry embiggened exo chaps.

Keep up the good work :) What's up with Warsser? I mean to visit them more often.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2020, 09:24:59 AM »
Thanks Ragsta.

Yeah I dunno what's up with Warseer...they updated something and it went down again over Yule but it seems to be working now. Sadly it seems to be getting slower over there. I think they could do with streamlining the ton of sub forums they have.
Lost Egg's Primaris Chapter - The Battle Crows
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=121841.new#new

Offline Lost Egg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 07:26:04 PM »
Just a small update today...

...my third marine is built and ready for painting...well he will be after I undercoat him tomorrow.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 07:26:43 PM »
Over a month later and I finally finished this chap...

And here is a (very) small group shot of what I've done so far...

...speedy as ever :D Hopefully I will start building a 4th member of the squad tonight...hopefully...

Offline Bearwoodman

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 09:29:49 PM »
I really like the colour scheme, the helmets are cool, and the eyes... Such intense stares!

Offline Lost Egg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 09:46:02 PM »
:D Thanks Bearwoodman. They don't really come alive until I've painted their eyes.

I am really digging the Primaris beakie helmets.

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mad Scientist
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 12:35:01 AM »
The colour scheme works much better than I thought from the sketch on page#1. I really like that green. Very Rogue Trader. :)

As for Waseer - used to be my main forum for 15 years, but the two prolonged downtimes along with bloody Facebook being used as (less useful) stand-in for forums hurt the site a lot. I still really like the place even though user numbers seem to be low these days.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 09:31:44 AM »
Thanks Sigur. The green came out darker than I had expected and at first I wasn't too sure but it's definitely grown on me.

Yeah it is pretty slow over there these days, though I still like it. Agreed, FB is definitely not a good substitute; by necessity I have joined a couple of groups there and you tend to see the same questions come up every other week...a forum is much better. Warseer could do with a bit of pruning which should at least help navigating it.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 01:25:18 PM »
Next guy is built!

I decided to go with the reloading marine this time...I didn't really need to do much beyond scraping off the skull on the helm, though I did decide to carve out a slot in the bolter for the magazine. Hopefully I will start painting this fella tonight and once he's done I only have one more guy to go until the first squad is done.
  8)