Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:52:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686616
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: who am I? why am I here?  (Read 1512 times)

Offline farmdog

• Lurker
who am I? why am I here?
« on: July 17, 2009, 12:59:36 AM »
Just the obligatory first post.

My main interest is WW2 skirmish gaming. At this point I spend a lot more time painting than gaming. I'm really impressed with all of the talent here, and am looking forward to learning more and stealing all of your best gaming ideas. Old West, Pulp, Horror, WWW2...it all kind of appeals to me.

Follow the link to a web album of my first project, a couple of years ago. Hopefully I've improved a bit since then.  Dave

http://picasaweb.google.com/fourdk/FirstPaintProject#

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
Re: who am I? why am I here?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 02:04:46 AM »
Welcome Dave, nice to see a new face.

Had a quick look at you picasa site... are they green toy soldiers??? 'Cause if they are, that's a wonderful example of lateral thinking nice  :D. (If they're not I can only appologize... I've had a few beers...)

As for the paint jobs they're good, and there are plent of friendly folk around here to offer advice.

Cheers
Andy

Offline farmdog

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 02:38:26 AM »
Andy,

Yup...not just green plastic soldiers, CHEAP green plastic soldiers. $1US for a bag of 50.

Thank goodness you had a few beers, my pictures look much better that way!  Dave

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:41:07 PM »
Wow, what a great idea.

Welcome to the boards *runs off to buy plastic soldiers*

Offline farmdog

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »
It's a fantastic way to learn to paint. You don't have the stress and anxiety of ruining a figure, and you can experiment with a lot of different primers, paint colors and techniques...not much worry about getting it wrong when the figure only costs $0.02.

Dave

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 04:21:01 AM »
There's truth from this man. The first thing I ever touched brush to was some WWII German plastic toy soldiers. But they were subject to the pellet gun and the wood heater a very long while ago lol . Welcome aboard, it's always nice to see fresh meat for the grinder.

PS: I miss the Highlanders that came in the same pack as those 50 Nazis, kilts and bag pipes versus mp40s all the way lol .
Everything is better with lizardmen.