Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2020, 06:30:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A call to the Holy Land  (Read 4367 times)

Offline Digits

• Mastermind
Re: A call to the Holy Land
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2020, 08:59:56 PM »
Already ahead of you mate!

https://www.studiominiatures.com/shop/medieval-mayhem.html

Iíve already ordered Sir Galahad (and the French Castle Guard).  The others had squires clutching their coconuts.....a bit too daft me thinks for this! Lol

As for the complete adventurer, yes I have him too somewhere....great mini.

Iím about to base and prime my Muslims so I can start painting them whilst Iím finishing the plastic models.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:25:08 PM by Digits »
Join the BEST regiment in the army of Parliament and fight the length and breadth of these fair isles!

http://www.earlofmanchesters.co.uk

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2020, 07:05:50 AM »
Looking good

Offline Digits

• Mastermind
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2020, 05:40:24 PM »
Been a while.....fell flat, got Covid, painted a shed load of Naps, built a Church, got into CoC and painted a few Germans.....but now I feel ready to get back and give this a go!

Slightly different vibe though.

Iím not actually so interested in painting Balian and his followers but actually like the idea of concentrating on a small force of Seljuk / Turkoman cavalry with a few Arabs/moors mixed in.   I may even have a go at building a Bedouin style tent or two.  Iím not buying any more though until Iíve painted the few Iíve got. 

The few knights I have will simply get painted as Knight Hospitallers with a few mercenary archers / support.

I picked up a copy of Lion Rampant...so I doubt the Islamic force will end up more than 24 horse and a dozen foot.  If I get to play it and enjoy it, then I can add alternate troop choices later.

Enough gabbing, I need to paint something.

Offline has.been

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2020, 08:30:59 PM »
Good luck on this Digits.
I have a stack of desert buildings & Arab civilians (they are 25mm mainly, but I think
we can get away with them). Like Flatpack I too have palm trees. Also an Oasis pool.
Haven't come across my (unpainted)  figures yet, but the sort out continues, so who knows.
Did send for the Crusader Lion Rampant rules from North Star.

Offline Digits

• Mastermind
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2020, 10:06:32 PM »
Good.  Perhaps if we egg each other on we will get something approaching a game together.   I will concentrate on the Islamic forces in that case.

I need to find a suitable figure to represent Imad ad-Din al-Isfahani, heavily fictionalised as played by Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven to lead my little chaps.

Offline Scrubber

• Librarian
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2020, 08:47:26 PM »
Something Iíve nearly got the figure for. Remember all those Saxon, well hereís the 1066 Normanís.