Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:45:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690758
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Medici-Masters of Florence Season 3 Not for pedants  (Read 1179 times)

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
Medici-Masters of Florence Season 3 Not for pedants
« on: January 11, 2020, 09:23:44 AM »
Hi, just started watching season 3 last night-it is very enjoyable and conveys a really good feel for time and place-it's not for pedants as the liberties taken are sometimes breath taking-but still very enjoyable Television.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Medici-Masters of Florence Season 3 Not for pedants
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 10:18:36 AM »
Hi, just started watching season 3 last night-it is very enjoyable and conveys a really good feel for time and place-it's not for pedants as the liberties taken are sometimes breath taking-but still very enjoyable Television.

Any battle scenes?  ;D

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 11:13:00 AM »
No, not yet- but lots of hoofs clattering over cobbled streets and armed men with torches- very evocative.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:16:20 AM by bergschotten »

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 06:42:20 AM »
Any battle scenes?  ;D

No battle scenes and to be honest it, as a piece of television, tailed off towards the end- still atmospheric in places and conveyed a sense of place time and people would recommend if you stumble upon it.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 06:47:33 AM »
No battle scenes and to be honest it, as a piece of television, tailed off towards the end- still atmospheric in places and conveyed a sense of place time and people would recommend if you stumble upon it.

I watched the first episode or two and got a bit bored..... I just wish they would portray the differential between the rich and poor in a more gritty manner- more s*#t and grit if you see what I mean.....

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 07:18:13 AM »
I would not disagree, it's all very glam (both rich and poor) with very modern values imprinted- but for me this period is of particular interst- it was an enjoyable entertainment-if nothing more.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 07:29:49 AM »
I would not disagree, it's all very glam (both rich and poor) with very modern values imprinted- but for me this period is of particular interst- it was an enjoyable entertainment-if nothing more.

Yeah, I'm not knocking it really- who among us doesn't relish a historically based TV series. I actually felt the same way about The Borgias too although I did enjoy the battle scenes (despite the cloning of the armies :) )