Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:03:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 611
Total: 616

Recent

Author Topic: Too Green?? Too Dark? Modern British Armour (Page 2)  (Read 2575 times)

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
Re: Gruppe Shots (1st Bundeswehr Squad finished)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 09:36:00 AM »
Those Germans have come out well.
Keep up the good work.
Flatpack

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Too Green?? Too Dark? Modern British Armour
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2020, 04:54:41 PM »
Advice needed on British Armour (thinking Estonia/Norway deployment). My brain just can't make up it's mind about what shade of green it's looking at, recently sprayed up the following with Humbrol 163 Dark Green.

I'm pretty sure I can dry brush etc to make them look brighter but decided I'd want others opinions in case my eyes are borked.

Does it look a legit base colour?

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
Re: Too Green?? Too Dark? Modern British Armour (Page 2)
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »
I really like your German infantry, very effective camo indeed. I sometimes use Games Workshop Athonian Camoshade to blur/enhance the effect.... yours don't need it I suspect but its worth bearing in mind for digi cam stuff. As for the tanks mate I have no idea!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2020, 07:16:01 PM »
My 30 year old H&R was painted with Deep Bronze Green (with black camouflage), but looking at them now they look too dark. That might be my eyesight though.

Looking at the Tankograd book, it looks like they are using Vallejo Russian Uniform Green these days, at last for the centre spread.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2020, 07:27:08 PM »
Cheers Ulverston!

And Ultra, you may be onto something, if they were still in BAOR colours life might be easier. I looked at russian green and it looks okay but I thought it might be too bright.

It's really hard to tell with current photos, I've seen Jackals trundling down a road that are lighter green, but then seen an AS90 that looks very dark in comparison.  o_o

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2020, 09:49:44 PM »
I suspect that the colour varies between in service, in storage and on manoeuvres with a side order of weathering.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2020, 01:41:25 AM »
I suspect that the colour varies between in service, in storage and on manoeuvres with a side order of weathering.

That...

...and if they are small scale models, lighter shades are usualy better :?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/