Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:44:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ChargeDog's Adventures in Fantasy: Project Fantasy Skirmish  (Read 1959 times)

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
ChargeDog's Adventures in Fantasy: Project Fantasy Skirmish
« on: January 16, 2020, 12:06:31 PM »
Over a year ago, I started a fantasy project. Well, I got a little distracted, ended up painting zero figures and instead bought a lot more. But now I'm back, with painted models, lore for my own setting and a plan. I've written up a post on it on my blog.

As with all my posts, it's on the blog at https://hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2020/01/16/project-fantasy-skirmish-update-1/

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
Re: ChargeDog's Adventures in Fantasy: Project Fantasy Skirmish
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 03:40:15 AM »
Well done. Really like the lore and enjoyed the read.
I should be painting right now.

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 06:06:30 AM »
Lovely start mate. The Northstar Fantasy range is particularly nice. I've got a small Barbarian warband from their Frostgrave line and I've been eying off a chunk of their various bestiary pieces.

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 01:30:00 PM »
Thanks everyone! Really happy to hear people like it - hopefully you'll like the next set of posts once I get more figures painted/get some games in.

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 09:39:04 PM »
Surprise - I'm still here and still working on my Fantasy stuff.

The world and lore has been tweaked a little (but not a huge amount) however I've been buying and adding a lot more figures to the collection for it. Some of these have been me plundering the Games Workshop range.

First up has been me working on my own version of the Underworld band Khagra's Ravagers. Had a good time painting them, and wrote up a blog post on them at https://www.hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2021/04/06/fantasy-rhazgra-the-seneschal-and-retinue/. Currently working my way through the rest of my Chaos force.

I've also been working on other stuff, including some more "realistic" (aka less gold) stormcast. Really liking the Sequitors with their cloth and metal combination, going to be building a full box (along with some Evokers) to almost be Templar esque for skirmish games.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 08:04:20 AM »
They look really good!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 12:49:28 PM »
fantasic 'look' on those GW figs. Really distinctive  :-*

off to read your blog.

* and very good it is too.
love the approach and narrative setting. Sort of thing I keep trying to get off the ground myself.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 12:52:19 PM by Bloggard »

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 11:36:44 PM »
Hey everyone! Time for a two new posts, including a battle report!

First up, I typed up a big post on the pile of Chaos Warriors that I now have in possession and how I painted them up. It also has a little narrative, something I'll be including in all my figure posts going forward (mostly because it's fun).

It's on the blog at https://www.hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2021/05/29/fantasy-the-disciples-chaos-warriors/

I also got my first battle report in my Fantasy project. Taking advantage of some time off, I managed to wrangle the Dastardly Regular Opponent down to Leeds for a game. We used Open Combat, pulled out the Sword Master rules and went to town with our Swashbuckling.

This is on the blog at https://www.hntdaab.co.uk/blog/2021/06/07/adventures-in-midgard-prologue/

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 06:56:28 PM »
Nice painting, and glad you got a game.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 07:44:14 PM »
I like the background. Is this a personal project or something you are looking to publish?

Offline ChargeDog

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 11:39:29 PM »
Thanks!

I like the background. Is this a personal project or something you are looking to publish?

I'm not currently planning on publishing it - it needs a lot of work before it would be anywhere near ready, I just like posting it up with the models. Also mostly, it just an excuse to let me buy cool fantasy models without worrying that I won't use them!

Offline Seditiosus

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 11:31:19 AM »
just spent some time on your blog. nice writing and nice miniatures! keep them coming!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 07:01:13 PM »
Well, I look forward to watching this progress! I lurk on your modern warfare painting/reviewing too, so I feel like it will be a good ride!