Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:39:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 522
Total: 527

Recent

Author Topic: 20mm cold war equipment help to indetification  (Read 710 times)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
20mm cold war equipment help to indetification
« on: January 17, 2020, 08:50:10 AM »
Hello
as title said i need your expert eyes to try to identify those bits of equipment that were included in a big bag of 20mm Cold War minis i bought on ebay..the minis, from Skytrex old Firefight20 line and Platoon 20  included soviets, Vietnam stuf, BAOR, various crewmen ecc..and a Jeep..those on the left could be crates of missiles for Carl Gustav or similar the tripod and the other bit really i do not understant what could represent..
many thanks

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: 20mm cold war equipment help to indetification
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:51:09 AM »
Looks like a Milan that hasn't been loaded?? At first I thought it was a GMG but if the tubes on the left are a part of the set then I'm guessing it's a type of launcher.

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:35:57 PM »
MILAN would be my guess as well
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline georgec

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 12:44:10 AM »
Is it a TOW set to go with the Jeep?  The round containers have a plug port for test equipment (i think) on the top and lack the end 'caps' of a Milan.  The other objects would be the tripod for dismounted use and the traversing unit the launch tube and site are mounted on.   

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 02:31:42 AM »
thanks to all to your replies...if it's a Tow i suppose a figure brandishing the tube in two or  single castings is probably lacking..in any case i could say that's not probably a Milan cause the Milan figures from Skytrex, of which i have some, are single castings..while the only one from Platoon 20 is a lying Falkland's British soldier with the tube attached to the figure and a with a low tripod...anyway many thanks to all also for your patience as, as you already noticed from my frequent questions on modern equipment, even if i like various Cold war conflicts and in general asymetrical wars, i'm still   principally a Colonial wargamer...so, from a gaming point of view, a sort of zulu or fuzzy wuzzy  trying to understand how to handle a guided rocket launcher... ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 02:34:55 AM by italwars »