Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690618
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Aliens Game  (Read 1579 times)

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
Aliens Game
« on: January 18, 2020, 02:15:14 AM »
My wife gave me the Battle Systems Frontier Core set for Christmas and the result was an imitation Hadley’s Hope.  Now to try out a couple different rule sets.

Hail to the King, baby.

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
Re: Aliens Game
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 02:17:18 AM »
A couple more pics.  Med Lab and Operations.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 02:25:54 AM »
Perfect! I couldn't decide if I wanted to do Aliens or The Expanse w/ Battlesystems. Looks great!

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 02:28:09 AM »
Great looking table. Where does the terrain come from? Thanks in advance.
Regards
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 02:58:47 AM »
Battle Systems

https://shop.battlesystems.co.uk/

My wife bought my set from a US distributor on eBay.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 03:32:08 AM »
Good looking game.
I purchased Battle Systems a few years ago.
Still have not played a game on it.
But I am not dead yet, so there's still hope. lol
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 02:01:25 PM »
  I can’t scratch build worth beans and the Battle Systems scenery is *relatively* inexpensive when compared to the cost of a similar amount of resin or other material to cover the same amount of table.  And it has the advantage of not needing to be painted.  As I’ve gotten older my desire/ability to paint has drastically decreased. 

Most of the scenery goes together easily.  The walls, gurneys, railings, etc. fit together very easily and nicely using plastic clips of various shapes to permit different floor plans.  Some of the smaller ‘room decor’ pieces like lockers and air handlers need a couple drops of Super Glue but I only had trouble with a couple pieces and only one item became an irrevocable casualty.  I also bought the Battle Systems Shuttle and putting that together required more in the way of patience and modeling skill, neither of which I possess in abundance.  And glue.  Gadzooks.  I had glue everywhere.  I’m lucky I didn’t glue my fingers together or pieces of the Shuttle to my forehead.

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 04:17:40 PM »
  I also bought the Battle Systems Shuttle and putting that together required more in the way of patience and modeling skill, neither of which I possess in abundance.  And glue.  Gadzooks.  I had glue everywhere.  I’m lucky I didn’t glue my fingers together or pieces of the Shuttle to my forehead.

This almost made me choke on my tea. We're kindred spirits, for sure!  lol

Lovely looking set-up, Rags. I didn't know you ventured out of Colonials! I only wish they had stuff like this in 54mm (my chosen scale)...

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 07:56:41 PM »
I didn't know you ventured out of Colonials!

lol Not often, Nick, I’ll admit.  But I’ve been on such an extended Colonial kick these past few years I decided I needed to freshen up my gaming a little.  When I stumbled across the Battle Systems scenery I thought it might help me realize that 25+ year old dream of an Aliens miniatures game.

We're kindred spirits, for sure!  lol

I’m happy to be in such good company.  Oh, the terrible things that happened when I tried to put together plastic models as a kid.  The horror! The horror! My parents always made sure to have acetone or similar on hand when they saw me reach for the Testors glue and a new model.  Years ago when Tree House Kids came out with a 1:32 scale Aliens playset I thought about buying a couple sets and putting together a game with the figures.

Then I woke up and remembered that I have no talent whatsoever for scratch building or even visualizing the how and what.   :? 

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 01:15:48 AM »
And glue.  Gadzooks.  I had glue everywhere.  I’m lucky I didn’t glue my fingers together or pieces of the Shuttle to my forehead.

I'm sorry but this made me snarf.

I am liking the setup and looking forward to seeing what systems you try on this board.
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 09:29:57 AM »
I am a huge fan of both the Aliens movie and Battle Systems sci-fi terrain. Great set up you have there.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Swordisdrawn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • '
    • Sword is Drawn
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 12:50:15 PM »
Great table 8)
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn and the scabbard thrown away!'

Instagram Swordisdrawn264

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 01:50:51 AM »
Some pics of the Colonial Marines entering Hadley’s Hope.  I’m just messing around at this point, moving the figures about.  When I asked Mrs. Claus for the Battle Systems Frontier Core set I knew that the smaller, “true 25mm” Leading Edge Games minis wouldn’t be a precise fit for the scenery.  I believe Battle Systems is designed for a ‘heroic’ 28mm scale figure but I hoped it would be close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.  For the most part I think the figs and scenery look pretty good together.  It’s as close as I’m ever gonna get so I’m happy.

Sgt. Apone examines a work station in Operations.

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 02:02:51 AM »
The Marines enter Hadley’s Hope.

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 02:05:00 AM »
Sorry about the photos being cockeyed.  I can’t figure a way to consistently get my pics to load right side up from my iPad (my only computer).