Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:29:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Agis new Sisters of Battle, Celestine the Living Saint  (Read 11436 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Agis new Sisters of Battle, Celestine the Living Saint
« on: January 19, 2020, 11:01:17 AM »
I owned and played the Sisters in all editions from the late 1990s on:
1997 - Codex: Sisters of Battle (2nd Edition)
2001 - Chapter Approved 2001
2003 - Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition)
2011 - Codex: Sisters of Battle (5th Edition)
2013 - Codex: Adepta Sororitas (6th Edition)
2017 -Index: Imperium 2 (8th Edition)
2019 - Codex: Adepta Sororitas (8th Edition)

I painted the Sister in the colours of the order of “Our Martyred Lady”.

You can still see my old metal Ebon Chalice Sisters on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/sisters_of_battle.html

The new Sisters of Battles are here. In December 2019 I received the army box and was very curious how the new plastic Sisters looked. I like them.
They are a definite improvement over the original metal minis. But as usual there are some downsides, in this case the serious scale creep!

I fully expected that the new minis are bigger than the old metal ones, but being nearly as big as a Primaris Marine? SIGH!
:(
The new minis gave me also the drive to finish the resin Veridyan mini! A nice but now also a bit too small mini based on the famous John Blanche 1997 cover!

"Veridyan is a notable Canoness of the Order of Our Martyred Lady of the Adepta Sororitas. Canoness Veridyan is a veteran of countless battles, a shining exemplar of purity and dedication. In battle, she is a shining beacon, leading her Order into battle without fear of death or damnation, her blade tearing through those who stand before her with calculated precision. Under her command, the Sisters of Battle have crushed the foes of the Imperium across the galaxy."

A lot more Sister pics are on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/sisters_of_battle.html

« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 09:19:05 AM by Agis »
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: Agis new Sisters of Battle pics
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 11:11:49 AM »
Looks great and I really like your exorcist conversion. I used to have a sisters army from when they first came out but it got sold on at some point and all I have now are a pile of the banners, for some reason, and the roadside shrine that came in the army box.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 03:06:18 PM »
Nice work.

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 05:45:30 PM »
That Veridyan is great! I'm pretty out of touch on GW stuff, I didn't know there was a mini based on that illustration.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Agis new Sisters of Battle - Daemonifuge
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 10:41:30 AM »
"Ephrael Stern, a Seraphim of the Adepta Sororitas is kept inside the Convent Prioris upon Ophelia VII. She scribbles forbidden knowledge upon the wall of her cell. Inquisitor Silas Hand arrives to investigate, and an unlikely assassin tries to kill her. Why? Because she is the Daemonifuge. Her secret lies upon the planet Parnis.
Meanwhile the shamed Eldar Kyganil tries to rescue the Spirit-stones of his fallen comrades, little knowing that his destiny is intwined with a certain Seraphim..."

Sister Stern is mentioned in the latest Codex and she and Inquisitor Hand both had miniatures and rules as part of the Black Library character series in the early 2000s. I painted her years ago and now retouched her.

more -> http://www.adpublishing.de/html/sisters_of_battle.html

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 03:52:42 PM »
They look amazing! I'm really surprised at the size of them next to that Primaris Space Marine, they must be loads taller than the standard Space Marines at that height?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 04:25:17 PM »
They look amazing! I'm really surprised at the size of them next to that Primaris Space Marine, they must be loads taller than the standard Space Marines at that height?
True, "standard" Marines are the new Squats!  ;)

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 03:27:34 AM »
Great painting Agis, looking forward to seeing more.

For me personally, though I like the new models I won't be buying any. I play 2nd ed 40K and have as many sisters as I will ever need (about 25  lol ), and for me the new models just aren't as good as the old Jes Goodwin classics. And most of all they are--along with everything else GW does-WAY too big. For me they don't work alongside anything else in my collection and are useless to me (yes I also am not planning to go down the primaris route :) )

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Agis new Sisters of Battle - Repentia
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 04:46:51 PM »

One of the new plastic Repentia, great dynamic pose and a fitting fanatic look!

One of the resin Wargame Exclusive Repentia, great mini IMO but an unfitting sexy look...  ;)

More -> http://www.adpublishing.de/html/sisters_of_battle.html

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 05:07:14 PM »
Interesting, I thought only wombles wore socketed power armour?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 10:31:22 AM »
Interesting, I thought only wombles wore socketed power armour?
??? Sorry, you lost me...   :(
womble?
socketed ?

Online Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 11:38:25 AM »
??? Sorry, you lost me...   :(
womble?
socketed ?

Womble = Space Marines, often used to refer to the shape of the helmets on the classic RTB01 or 'beakie' marines (Wombles were a British kids TV thing with similarly shaped heads)

Socketed = in Space Marines the sockets allow them to interface directly with their power armour, previously 'other' power armour users (like sisters) didn't have them as they lack the Black Carapace implant. This seems to have changed around the time of the art for the last codex.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 02:12:53 PM »
Thanks Cypher!

I knew "Beakie" but wombles was new to me.

As far as the sockets in the Repentias body are concerned, I presume that they have indeed changed it!

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 03:14:53 PM »
Womble = Space Marines, often used to refer to the shape of the helmets on the classic RTB01 or 'beakie' marines (Wombles were a British kids TV thing with similarly shaped heads)

Socketed = in Space Marines the sockets allow them to interface directly with their power armour, previously 'other' power armour users (like sisters) didn't have them as they lack the Black Carapace implant. This seems to have changed around the time of the art for the last codex.

Or could be signaling a move to female space marines? The two chapters that cannot be named perhaps?

Or more likely GW forgetting their own history  lol

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 03:31:43 PM »
Aye, from my understanding the Adepta Sororitas now have a proper interface with their power armour to make better use of it (which makes sense as they normally wear it all the time), but not the full Black Carapace (which is even better, but much more invasive). Whether fully intentional or mainly a design choice by the people who made the Repentia (the only sculpts on which it really matters) I'm not sure...

Very nice brushwork on these, they certainly are lovely sculpts (and the Primaris still looks suitably intimidating next to them).
~Ad finem temporum~