Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Spectre Miniatures - How do they measure up?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Spectre Miniatures - How do they measure up?
« on: January 20, 2020, 02:31:20 PM »
On the heels of my last topic involving Mongrel and Eureka, I wanted to ask those who own Spectre's ultramodern minis, how they measure up to the usual suspects? (Eureka, Mongrel, Empress, etc). They seem like they may be a bit thinner and smaller than the other ranges. Some of their terrain and vehicles seem useful, so I hope they get that stock issue ironed out soon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:45:16 PM by Bravo Six »

Offline mkultra99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Bookworm
Re: Spectre Miniatures - How do they measure up?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 10:01:42 PM »
They mix well with empress and eureka.

Offline macgarns

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 09:57:01 AM »
I find Eureka to be dwarfed by Empress & Spectre
Size wise, Empress & Spectre are similar.
Only issue for me is Spectre's weapons. They are way too thin for my taste, even with their excuse that they are "true scale"
I find Empress minis to be a bit too "static" ( yess I know they are toys ...  ;D ), compared to Spectre's who are designed with a stance more dynamic.
I also mix with Assault Group minis. their design is a bit dated now, but I like them and to my (tired) eyes, they are ok.

Empress and Spectre's vehicules and stuff mix well. I also ordered from Anthenocity Workshop, who produce nice 1:50 pick ups and other motor vehicules, as well as street furnitures, all in great quality, and readiliy available ...

Hope it helps
Fred
FRED

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 12:13:26 PM »
Thanks for the insights Fred. Very helpful. I think I'm more or less going to limit my use to the hostages and of course, the terrain and vehicles.

I agree the Empress vehicles are quite nice, and I beleive alot of them are the old Imprint Models.

Offline peachy rex

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 05:26:18 AM »
The catch with Eureka is that they have two incompatible moderns ranges. Those listed under Eureka match perfectly with Empress and Spectre. (Eureka run a little stockier, but well within tolerances - it's not like Front Rank & Perry, say.) However, the Kriegspiel range, though listed as 28mm, is reportedly more like 25mm (which is how Eureka USA lists them.) It's really too bad - they look like very nice figs.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 02:07:27 PM »
Yes, well aware of the size disparagement with Kriegspiel. And I agree it is too bad.