Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bugbear Tribe [KICKSTARTER]  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
Bugbear Tribe [KICKSTARTER]
« on: January 21, 2020, 12:12:02 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/bugbear-tribe?ref=project_build

As well as running Meridian Miniatures for the last 6 years I have been involved in the wider miniatures hobby in my spare time. I have always loved classic dungeon monsters so last year I set about producing them for general release. After my first figure, the Bugbear Champion was so successful I have decide to expand his cohort to include a full tribal pack!

The Bugbear Matron, as deadly a cavewife as can be encountered. Armed with her trusty cleaver whilst brandishing the meaty femur of some unfortunate subterranean megafauna that became the family's last meal.

The mystic Bugbear Shaman. Bedecked with ritual accouterments and magical trinkets, he casts his eyes up to the dark gods, throwing the most ominous hand gesture skywards.

We also have a teenage boy, mohawked with slingshot at the ready, his sister with a sack of rocks ready to join in with the hail of projectiles and the Bugbaby Toddler armoured in his onesie and wielding a very dangerous looking rattle!

I have set up two pledge levels, one for those that want the new set and one that will allow folks that missed the first campaign to add the Champion figure pictured below.

Again I have decided to set up a modest Kickstarter to fund the production and enable people to get their hands on this homage to classic dungeon gaming. The figures will be cast in pewter by Griffin Moulds here in the UK and supplied with gaming bases. Thanks for looking!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/bugbear-tribe?ref=project_build

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Re: Bugbear Tribe [KICKSTARTER]
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 06:57:53 PM »
& backed  :D

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 06:59:25 PM »
Not my cup of tea, but nice clean sculpts. Best of luck with the kickstarter!

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 08:56:09 PM »
I love your original Bugbear sculpt, but the rest of the tribe really don't do it for me.

Is it possible to back at the 1 quid level and add sufficient funds to order the original champion?

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 02:42:57 AM »
Nice.  Backed. 

I know where your champion waits, hoping for paint.  Somewhere I have a few of the old Citadel BBs I need to find.

-Michael

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 07:40:46 PM »
I love your original Bugbear sculpt, but the rest of the tribe really don't do it for me.

Is it possible to back at the 1 quid level and add sufficient funds to order the original champion?

Yes, just back for £7.50 to cover postage and send me a message on there, cheers!

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 08:20:18 PM »
Yes, just back for £7.50 to cover postage and send me a message on there, cheers!

And done! I'd love to see some more warriors in a similar style to the Champion. You know, if your sculpting hand gets bored :P

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 11:05:00 AM »
I backed the original champion and he's ace - so I wish you every success with this, but I have to agree with others that the current KS are great sculpts but not to my tastes. Only mentioning this since feedback may help :)

Edited to add - the current KS has already reached much the same as the last one finished at, so there's clearly a market and I'm glad it's done well - don't want to come across as negative  :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 11:07:14 AM by boneio »

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »
Lovely sculpting :-*
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 10:47:06 PM »
I backed the original champion and he's ace - so I wish you every success with this, but I have to agree with others that the current KS are great sculpts but not to my tastes. Only mentioning this since feedback may help :)

Edited to add - the current KS has already reached much the same as the last one finished at, so there's clearly a market and I'm glad it's done well - don't want to come across as negative  :)

No worries, these are figures that I want to sculpt, KS gives me a way of doing that wile still paying the bills!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2020, 10:47:46 PM »
And done! I'd love to see some more warriors in a similar style to the Champion. You know, if your sculpting hand gets bored :P

Thank you!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2020, 10:48:14 PM »
Hey guys, I’m back as promised with a stretch goal for you. Every band of monsters needs a fighter to go up against so I’m adding this mean barbarian to everyone’s rewards if we reach £1250!

I originally sculpted this figure for Crooked Dice but it was changed for a more dynamic pose, a few more backers will raise the figure from the grave and get it into your waiting hands!

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 01:49:33 AM »
That's a strapping lad!

Any plans for further stretch-goals?

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 09:08:12 PM »
That's a strapping lad!

Any plans for further stretch-goals?

Not for this one, I try to stay realistic with costings etc or it ian't wot doing. More campaigns to come though!

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2020, 12:23:17 AM »
I'm your demographic and have the Kev Adams Otherworld ones painted and a few of the wonderful Goodwin ones to which these harken back to, but, with respect, I have to admit that the fur here is unconvincing to me. It looks more like leaves or scale mail than fur.  I also like my old school monsters more mean and nasty, with bug-out eyes and slavering fangs, like a Big Daddy Roth drawing. Must be more horrid, if that makes sense, to trigger the want impulse in me. That said, I wish the venture success and this is not to say I won't get on board the next one!  :)