Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My 3D Printing Adventure  (Read 7287 times)

Offline Hami

• Librarian
Re: My 3D Printing Adventure
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 05:30:29 PM »
Ooooohhhhhh, very cool!

Why not let it print for those 20+ hours?  Do you have to babysit the printer the whole time?  Just wondering how this works.

Normally I am able to just leave it printing and it will do just print away however sometimes it likes to just do its own thing and turn prints in to spaghetti or if the print doesn't bond with the print sheet it could come loose and it messes your print up (this is rare but I have had it happen).

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 11:42:07 AM »
So after I sent my dad the photos of this (as it is for him) he asked me if it was possible to do a roof that is only damaged over the damaged parts of the building. rather than reprinting the whole thing I decided to design an over roof for him. This is placed over the original design so that he has both options, ruined roof and now partly ruined roof.

Here is what the finished roof looks like.

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 02:19:20 PM »
Back to my own little project of Bolt Action Street Fighting in Normandy.

I laid out my prints on my dads table and it should be a good board once complete. We started undercoating and priming these buildings today. putting the good weather to use.

One of my buildings was designed for an ambush style game.

The Hetzer lying in Ambush to demonstrate this.

The rear of the building.

The Hetzer hiding (the roof has been removed so you are able to see the tank.

and what the un expecting victim would see.

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 06:16:57 PM »
Nice work!  So what is your setup?  What printer, software, etc?

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2020, 10:20:06 AM »
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »
Nice work!  So what is your setup?  What printer, software, etc?

Software is Cura (its free) for slicing and getting the G.Codes for the printer and i am currently using a Prusa I3 Mk3.

Really easy to use.

Painted version

More pictures here http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=post;board=18.0

That did not take you long to paint, i am still trying to fight my way through all the buildings I have printed :?

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2020, 06:34:11 AM »
So I am taking a break from ww2 just and I have been test playing Spectre Operations over the last few weeks and I think i have started to get the hang of it now.

Many months ago my dad converted some Africa people to be the enemy call signs for my Operators and I hadn't really played any games using them. Since lock down I have been playing some solo games and using terrain that my old man very nicely allowed me to borrow.

After a few games using the same terrain I decided to start creating my own board for it.

I have named my Operators 'Task Force Fenrir' (the TF logo was created by my younger brother and then i converted it and printed it).

So I was thinking that I would created a large scale compound, snatch and grab / kill mission style with a few rooms to be cleared on each floor etc.

The photos below are off the guardhouse part of this compound.

Guardhouse part consists of the guardhouse its self, a garage and enough space to search incoming vehicles etc.

The figures are there for scale.

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2020, 08:02:29 AM »
Working off a picture that my dad sent me I have designed and printed The Skaven's Dark Ark, which can be found deep under La Maisontaal.

the picture i was sent

My design

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 05:39:38 AM »
So my latest design and pint was based of the Saint Merie Eglise Boucherie Desmonts shop. The first photo is the photo that I used as a reference for getting the front and part of the side correct, then I switched to good old google maps for the rest of the design.

I had to change a few things on it i.e. one side of the building i was unable to find any photos or google map it so I added in a single door and window. On the other side there should be 3 doors, i removed one of these doors as i thought it made the print look less busy.

i have left enough free wall space so that this could be used as a corner or an end building. I am looking forward to putting these buildings to good use once COVID is lifted and I am able to visit the old man again.

Reference photo.

My print.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2020, 08:48:11 AM »
Like it all but particularly the floor boards.
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2020, 12:10:30 PM »
Very nice indeed!

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »
I keep getting tempted by 3D printing.
I love the terrain that you are doing  :-*

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2020, 02:09:59 AM »
Very nice. Have you thought about putting your creations up on kickstarter? Make a little bit of money out of them?
The roof looks like it could do with a little bit of an overhang as well judging by your source material (just a few mm)

Online syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 02:48:27 AM »
Lots of great looking new buildings. 
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2020, 02:34:42 PM »
Very nice. Have you thought about putting your creations up on kickstarter? Make a little bit of money out of them?
The roof looks like it could do with a little bit of an overhang as well judging by your source material (just a few mm)

There was a 1.5-2mm overhang however due to different angles of the roof it was lost and I never even thought about double checking it. I have since changed a few things on this design, 2mm overhang, tided up the tiles at some of the joints etc, added lines in to change the face of the first floor so that it looks like it has stone rather than solid (like the surround of the bottom floor).

As for kickstarter, I have not thought about it to tell the truth.