Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:03:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689477
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Muskets & Tomahawks II - Nickstarter.  (Read 13578 times)

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Muskets & Tomahawks II - Nickstarter.
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2020, 05:18:35 PM »
So, 12 per side=24?

Offline FlyXwire

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2020, 05:54:23 PM »
Depending on the size or your dice (irregardless of what-siders they are),  we often roll some combination twice, that arrives at the total dice needed to cast. 

With M&T vI, 6 dice per side was fine, and then we just determined a combo to cast for the total stands involved in the fighting (using the same 6 dice to divi up for the total).  We also use a dice tray, especially when playing on a full-board, fur-style mat.   

I actually think players enjoy rolling two sets amounting to the total required (gives them 'another chance' to cast a better hand on their second throw around).

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2020, 10:00:43 PM »
We've hit the 4th Spend Goal in our Nickstarter Campaign. The chaps over at Cigar Box Battles have kindly donated one of their superb terrain mats as a prize, the one most suitable for the French & Indian War.

We'll be picking the winner in a prize draw tomorrow morning.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2020, 10:33:06 PM »
I'm sure you've been asked the question a zillion times before, so apologies in advance for asking again but is there a chance the previous Muskets and Tomahawks figures sculpted by Mike Owen will become available again under the North Star banner ? I missed them the first time around and I'm now sorry I did. The French set is the one I'm interested in :

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:36:26 PM by Arthur »

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2020, 11:54:33 AM »
I'm sure you've been asked the question a zillion times before, so apologies in advance for asking again but is there a chance the previous Muskets and Tomahawks figures sculpted by Mike Owen will become available again under the North Star banner ? I missed them the first time around and I'm now sorry I did. The French set is the one I'm interested in :

Badger games in the US is meant to have bought all of the old range but they have yet to do anything with them. I haven't seen them announce anything or list them on the site.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2020, 01:04:47 PM »
That's right, all the moulds are in the possession of our chums at Badger Games.

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »

Black Hussar do FIW French in a similar style to those IMHO

https://blackhussarminiatures.de/produkt/compagnies-franches-de-la-marine-advancing?lang=en
https://blackhussarminiatures.de/produkt/compagnies-franches-de-la-marine-shooting?lang=en

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2020, 03:59:39 PM »
Nah, I wouldn't buy those Black Hussar figures mate, they are totally rubbish IMHO.

8) ;)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2020, 10:55:26 PM »
Badger games in the US is meant to have bought all of the old range but they have yet to do anything with them. I haven't seen them announce anything or list them on the site.

Had a look at their website and couldn't find the miniatures there either. Perhaps the imminent release of M&T mk II will encourage Badger Games to re-issue the figures : one can only hope.

Cheers for the answer Nick. The Black Hussar sculpts are very nice but since I've just ordered some of the Nickstarter F&W packs, I want the older set as well for the sake of consistency so that all the miniatures are Mike Owen's work. 

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2020, 12:21:21 AM »
I was only being silly about Black Hussar.
I will give Badger a prod. They will no doubt be taking Muskets & Tomahawks from me (I'm the exclusive distributor of the English language version, I bought the lot) so it'd be daft of them not to get the original figures out there.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2020, 12:21:45 AM »
À tous nos clients francophones : nous pouvons vous vendre une version de Muskets & Tomahawks en français plutôt qu’en anglais !! Passez votre commande normalement et envoyez nous un message précisant que vous désirez la version française et on s’en occupera ! Merci !

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2020, 09:42:02 PM »
Is it possible to add packs to an existing order (to give some extra push to teaching the goals)?

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2020, 11:08:34 AM »
Yes. Just drop us an email. mailorder@northstarfigures.com

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2020, 11:18:53 AM »
Yes. Just drop us an email. mailorder@northstarfigures.com

Great! Email coming!