Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:55:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My first solo wargame of Nuts!  (Read 846 times)

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
My first solo wargame of Nuts!
« on: January 26, 2020, 05:57:01 AM »
I've decided that this year I'm going to get more familiar with Two Hour Wargame's system by playing some solo games of Nuts! and 5150 Star Army. So I set up a game of Nuts! tonight and took a stroll through Normandy…

link

Offline Mr C

• Bookworm
Re: My first solo wargame of Nuts!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 02:29:13 PM »
Thanks for posting that. I was thinking about which WW2 rules to use and was going to go with Bolt Action. However, as a solo gamer I'm intrigued to see that NUTS would work for solo gaming. Time to dig out that copy of NUTS and have a read.

Offline Swordisdrawn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • '
    • Sword is Drawn
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 04:53:21 PM »
Thats very useful. My stuff is 20mm and i am using a tweaked 40K ruleset. Still looking for a good solo set though.
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn and the scabbard thrown away!'

Instagram Swordisdrawn264

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:19:49 AM »
Thats very useful. My stuff is 20mm and i am using a tweaked 40K ruleset. Still looking for a good solo set though.

I've been thinking about bashing together a version of Ambush Alley's Tomorrow's War for solo play using their troop quality ratings system to do activation tests similar to what Nuts! and 5150 do. I'm not sure how well 40k would work into Tomorrow's War though, it's really a hard sci-fi system.

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 06:23:49 AM »
Thanks for posting that. I was thinking about which WW2 rules to use and was going to go with Bolt Action. However, as a solo gamer I'm intrigued to see that NUTS would work for solo gaming. Time to dig out that copy of NUTS and have a read.

I love Bolt Action, I just started playing regularly again since it picked up locally. I'm not sure how it would work solo though. I wanted to learn Nuts! so I could play co-op with a friend and do some solo gaming on busy weeks here I can't break free to go to the shop.

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 05:19:03 PM »
One of the great things with Two Hour Wargames rules is the whole PEF system for solo or same side gaming. I'll have to get my WW2 figures back to the table with it soon.