Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Achtung Cthulhu and Westwind SOTR - figure comparability?  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
Achtung Cthulhu and Westwind SOTR - figure comparability?
« on: January 26, 2020, 01:22:44 PM »
Just took the plunge with some  Achtung Cthulhu Germans following the recent price drop.  I'd like to add a Panzershreck team and some Panzerfausts.  Anyone know how compatible the  Achtung Cthulhu are with West Wind SOTR?   (They all wear gasmasks, so that's good.   ::) )

Separately, I'm looking for info on cheap vehicles suitable for WWWII Germans.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Achtung Cthulhu and Westwind SOTR - figure comparability?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 04:44:27 PM »
I do not have any of the Achtung Cthulhu human figures, but I do have a number of Crooked Dice figures with Westwind heads if that is any help.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 01:11:13 PM »
The WestWind figures can be chunkier - more in line with Warlord's Bolt Action range. Whilst Achtung Cthulhu's figures tend to be slim and at times taller than 28mm.

Both would work together - just accepting that humans are different sizes. The Perry Miniatures or Offensive Miniatures WWII ranges would better suit Achtung Cthulhu.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 04:57:58 PM »
I did the same, ( but not the figures). I was intrigued by the system, but I am wondering if 20mm is an option. CP models have a very nice 1946 range. I am thinking maybe I can find some werewolves from Splintered Light or Rebel Minis that would work. I might find some pulpy bits from Elheim too. I’m thing some tanks with 15mm Sci Fi weapons. Any other suggestions welcome. I’d like to find some alien greys...

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 09:07:25 PM »
Thanks chaps.   :)

I'll give West Wind SOTR a try then. I wanted to actually see the Achtung figures first, but they haven't arrived yet.   ::)  As there are 10 in the box, my (loose) plan was to split them into two groups.  Add a Squad Leader to each group from figures I already have, then some SOTR anti-tank weapons so I end up with two squads of 8 - 10 figures.  (Only to paint, you understand.  No particular game in mind.)