Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:24:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave/Wetgrave?  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
Frostgrave/Wetgrave?
« on: January 28, 2020, 09:33:00 AM »
I had the Frostgrave gang (Mark, Henry and Colin) over for a game to try out some of Mark's ideas for our new Frostgrave campaign. We have played two previous Frostgrave campaigns in monthly games and Mark has been inspired by my new Streets of Venice layout.

More pictures on the blog http://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2020/01/frostgrave-wetgrave-in-venice.html

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Frostgrave/Wetgrave?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 12:15:11 PM »
Lovely looking game.   :-*

Offline DS615

• Scientist
    • Fandango Alpha
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 05:12:00 PM »
I have not played it, but I understand Ghost Archipelago has the swimming,drowning, and water monsters in it. Since it's pretty much the same game, those might save you some time.
- Scott

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 08:07:39 PM »
I’m looking something similar - not so fussed on the snowy setting so looking at doing swamp/Venice/similar. Your table looks great!

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 08:22:37 PM »
That looks fun! Visually it is pleasingly different to the usual Frostgrave/GA layouts, but the interaction of the water and all those bridges must open up new tactical and narrative options!

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 07:39:04 AM »
Thank you for the kind words.

It does make things quite different tactically. Although the buildings sometimes restricted lines of sight, we had a lot more longer range shooting than normal games.
One funny situation was when the wild bear turned up. The nearest soldier was on the other side of a canal so we decided the bear would head for a nearby bridge to cross and get to him. But in doing so it ran into a soldier from another warband!