Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) - The Treadmill of Hubris - Kevin Adams' Independent Launch  (Read 4807 times)

Offline GoblinMaster

• Student
Hello LEAD ADVENTURE FORUM!

We are excited to announce the creation of GoblinMaster Limited, Kev "GoblinMaster" Adams' own company and with it the Kickstarter to give it some legs!

Below is linked to our Kickstarter which is set to go live at - 20:30 GMT 28/01/2020. and on going for 20 days

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goblinmaster/the-treadmill-of-hubris-kevin-adams-independent-launch/

I will keep an eye on this thread for any questions and queries here but we have also set up - GoblinMaster.online - with its own forum and links to social media too.

Here are some pictures attatched of the Greenskins for you to preview before and after it goes live.

Thanks, GoblinMaster Limited.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 08:51:00 PM by GoblinMaster »

Offline Timotl

• Scientist
SO COOL!!! :-* Love Kev's stuff and looking forward to seeing what he comes up with! ;D

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Well, these figures look like all kinds of fun.  In.

-Michael

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
Got this one backed to the hilt!

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Not really my thing, but well worth backing for a few quid as I very much want to see what Kev comes up with when he’s doing both the concept work and the sculpting.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Just realised that there is a flayed face on the front of the wagon

Offline GoblinMaster

• Student
Not really my thing, but well worth backing for a few quid as I very much want to see what Kev comes up with when he’s doing both the concept work and the sculpting.

We want to eventually have a wider selection of Miniatures made by Kevin for people to buy, so I must ask... what is your thing?

Kev will make other fantasy figures in time, but the order he does it depends quite a lot on what people lobby for.

Thankyou, GoblinMaster

Offline Ady

• Student
Ooooooooooh……….

Now.. all he needs is to do some 15mm stuff and I'll be throwing money his way :)
Ady
Part Gamer, Part Geek, Part Writer.

Life in a Warped Reality  : Musing and miniatures from the mind of me

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
... what is your thing?
Narrative, skirmish level campaign games with characterful figures and great terrain. When it comes to the figures themselves, I particularly like the riffraff, the quirky and the knowing.

I appreciate that there are expectations that Kev should cater to his demographic, but much more interesting - to me, at least - is when he tackles less well Kev-trodden ground. Great examples from my perspective are the demi-humans that he did for Dragon Bait, the zombies of Karr-Keel plus the cultists and evil men that he made for Otherworld

I’m sure that this Kickstarter will be a success and I hope that his new venture will give Kev the freedom to explore the murky depths of his imagination. I’ll be very interested to see what he comes up with and don’t want to add to the clamour for specific things. That said, I’m sure that I could find a home for a Halfling pimp and a stoned Druid ...

Offline Timotl

• Scientist
Narrative, skirmish level campaign games with characterful figures and great terrain. When it comes to the figures themselves, I particularly like the riffraff, the quirky and the knowing.

I appreciate that there are expectations that Kev should cater to his demographic, but much more interesting - to me, at least - is when he tackles less well Kev-trodden ground. Great examples from my perspective are the demi-humans that he did for Dragon Bait, the zombies of Karr-Keel plus the cultists and evil men that he made for Otherworld

I’m sure that this Kickstarter will be a success and I hope that his new venture will give Kev the freedom to explore the murky depths of his imagination. I’ll be very interested to see what he comes up with and don’t want to add to the clamour for specific things. That said, I’m sure that I could find a home for a Halfling pimp and a stoned Druid ...

I agree wholeheartedly with Citizen Sade here. I can only speak for myself, and I am a huge fan of Kev's work. I have most of his goblins from his time at GW and most of them made by Knightmare Miniatures and am at a point where I don't need more goblins and likely won't buy many. I would love to see more human models though. Kev has a way of making a human both comic and serious at the same time. His sculpts drip with character. There aren't many sculptors who can do that. I think Ratnik can do it, and his work he's done for Lead Adventure Miniatures are some of the best out there because the stuff he's sculpting lends itself to more characterful representation than a more traditional miniatures line might. I'd love to see Kev do some of the more unusual or under represented genres. Kev doing some Cthulhu stuff, or steampunk, or Conan (please...?), or even the odd stoned druid or halfing pimp. ;) Anyway, enough wish listing. I wish this project success, and have backed, and really can't wait to see more from Kev!!!

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: (KICKSTARTER) - The Treadmill of Hubris - Kevin Adams' Independent Launch
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 06:55:12 AM »
Sadly I am lacking in funds at the moment to back this but I wish the project good luck.

I'd love to see some skirmish warbands from Kev, maybe a dozen minis each; covering each of the main fantasy races.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline GoblinMaster

• Student
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 08:51:50 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly with Citizen Sade here. I can only speak for myself, and I am a huge fan of Kev's work. I have most of his goblins from his time at GW and most of them made by Knightmare Miniatures and am at a point where I don't need more goblins and likely won't buy many. I would love to see more human models though. Kev has a way of making a human both comic and serious at the same time. His sculpts drip with character. There aren't many sculptors who can do that. I think Ratnik can do it, and his work he's done for Lead Adventure Miniatures are some of the best out there because the stuff he's sculpting lends itself to more characterful representation than a more traditional miniatures line might. I'd love to see Kev do some of the more unusual or under represented genres. Kev doing some Cthulhu stuff, or steampunk, or Conan (please...?), or even the odd stoned druid or halfing pimp. ;) Anyway, enough wish listing. I wish this project success, and have backed, and really can't wait to see more from Kev!!!

Thank you both for the feedback,upon reflection I think we are going to go for smaller sets with a more diverse range of things so everyone can get something next time. Kev really wanted to make The Treadmill, and its really good but we respect that its quite niche and pricey. I think what Kev makes next for himself will rely a fair bit on what people really want!. If you love Kev's work and want to see what happens if he makes "X" then please get involved on the forums on our website and facebook page, these are early days and the feedback we get will be influential.

Thankyou again, GoblinMaster

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2020, 09:21:47 PM »
If there are enough mini's in the collection, at whatever point that may be, I would be very interested. I'd love to won a quirky Goblin army like the one I had in the 80's :)

Whilst I like the Warmonger stuff I would like to see more grittiness as well as quirkiness.

Third Edition of WHFB era type of thing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:24:41 PM by Atheling »

Offline Kublaibenzine

• Student
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2020, 08:05:11 AM »
Well, I have been a fan of Kev’s work for ages. Four years ago I acquired a complete set of his Foundry work and they got me back into painting after a 5 year dry spell.

The treadmill is not my thing but I’ll look forwards to the Bounders. So, I’m signing up.

The humour of Kev’s work has brought a smile to me at the end of many frustrating work weeks, a big thank you!

Offline GoblinMaster

• Student
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 10:08:59 AM »
If there are enough mini's in the collection, at whatever point that may be, I would be very interested. I'd love to won a quirky Goblin army like the one I had in the 80's :)

Whilst I like the Warmonger stuff I would like to see more grittiness as well as quirkiness.

Third Edition of WHFB era type of thing.

The current intention is to set up a founders set for different lines, depending on which sell the most I think we will try to build up what you could consider a small army from the most successful sets.
Kevin's time is limited and costs money so what he makes next will rely a fair bit on community input so keep an eye on our facebook page, if you dont have a facebook account you can participate via the forum on our website goblinmaster.online.

Well, I have been a fan of Kev’s work for ages. Four years ago I acquired a complete set of his Foundry work and they got me back into painting after a 5 year dry spell.

The treadmill is not my thing but I’ll look forwards to the Bounders. So, I’m signing up.

The humour of Kev’s work has brought a smile to me at the end of many frustrating work weeks, a big thank you!

Hello Kublaibenzine,

Thank you so much for pledging and its great to hear you love Kevin's humour, more goblins and magical creatures are coming.